Panic Buying At Petrol Stations?

Just now, RollingJ said:

I've stopped reading most of 'the media' - they seem to have a collective death wish.

I don't blame you. 

It's stuff like this that is part of the reason I have absolutely zero trust in mainstream media 

1 hour ago, ab6262 said:

nothing to do with Boris or brexit this has been a long time coming, crap conditions crap pay and crap hours nobody want s to do the job, i know i did it 35 years ago and it was bad then.

as for visas that wont solve it, bring in the Army class one driver that are stood about.

They aren't stood about.

1 hour ago, ab6262 said:

nothing to do with Boris or brexit this has been a long time coming, crap conditions crap pay and crap hours nobody want s to do the job, i know i did it 35 years ago and it was bad then.

as for visas that wont solve it, bring in the Army class one driver that are stood about.

They aren't stood about.

1 hour ago, ab6262 said:

nothing to do with Boris or brexit this has been a long time coming,

And yet the EU does not seem to have a problem with petrol or food being in the wrong place and we did not have a problem before Brexit occurred. If it isn't Brexit what is it?

9 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

And yet the EU does not seem to have a problem with petrol or food being in the wrong place and we did not have a problem before Brexit occurred. If it isn't Brexit what is it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58685889

14 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

They aren't stood about.

They aren't stood about.

Ì think The Army  have helped  before,  several years ago during the Tanker drivers strike plus driving the Green Godess's during the Firemans strike in 78 and loads of other stuff like floods ect.  Our Armed Forces  are always on hand to help.  UNSUNG HEROES.

9 minutes ago, ProperBrew said:

I love a good Nike Sunday Roast, I save the shoelaces to have with some sauce and mince.

You been drinking some very strange brew for the past few years? Incoherent post.

11 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

You been drinking some very strange brew for the past few years? Incoherent post.

Sorry, I guess you didn't spot the joke, the article you linked says "Nike and Costco warn of product shortages and delays" so I was making a joke about eating Nike products, sorry it went over your head :(

1 minute ago, ProperBrew said:

Sorry, I guess you didn't spot the joke, the article you linked says "Nike and Costco warn of product shortages and delays" so I was making a joke about eating Nike products, sorry it went over your head :(

Didn't 'go over my head', it merely made no sense. My post was a serious one to point out that the current supply-chain problems are not unique to the UK - or even Europe.

On 24/09/2021 at 14:43, crookesey said:

Is anything else happening today, other than the ‘panic buying’ of motor fuel? 

Of course, but ideally they are for other threads.

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

Didn't 'go over my head', it merely made no sense. My post was a serious one to point out that the current supply-chain problems are not unique to the UK - or even Europe.

Don't seem to be any supply chain problems in this part of rural France, a good 40 minutes from a motorway, over an hour to something the size of Worksop and over two hours to a city - and we have 4 decent size supermakets (all selling petrol / diesel) within 20 minutes drive, plus 2 Lidls

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

Don't seem to be any supply chain problems in this part of rural France, a good 40 minutes from a motorway, over an hour to something the size of Worksop and over two hours to a city - and we have 4 decent size supermakets (all selling petrol / diesel) within 20 minutes drive, plus 2 Lidls

Have you read the linked article - which I think I have now posted three times - and understood that the problems are not just in the UK? - as a certain number of posters on this forum would like us all to believe.

Personally, I'm amazed the BBC are finally getting their heads out of the 'EU-good/UK-bad' sand.