Panic Buying At Petrol Stations?

I was down to 9 miles left on the guage on the car so just had to fill up, was quiet enough.

20 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I was down to 9 miles left on the guage on the car so just had to fill up, was quiet enough.

If you were under 9 miles from home you’re a ‘panic buyer’. 🤣

Edited by crookesey

4 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Is you were under 9 miles from home you’re a ‘panic buyer’. 🤣

It goes down very quickly once it gets under 20 miles so never take the chance. But yes, looking at the first page clearly I am part of the problem, or something.

I have just been  to Crystal Peaks and needed to put some petrol in as I had under a quarter of a tank. Drove round to the petrol station where I had to queue, they have staff at the entrance to the station asking what you wanted petrol or diesel and tell you which pump to head for. There were  cars queuing almost down to  the little roundabout at the entrance and also queuing back  the other way towards the recycle bins.

Edited by iansheff

Guest makapaka

People are daft aren’t they.

like really thick.

7 minutes ago, iansheff said:

I have just been  to Crystal Peaks and needed to put some petrol in as I had under a quarter of a tank. Drove round to the petrol station where I had to queue, they have staff at the entrance to the station asking what you wanted petrol or diesel and tell you which pump to head for. There were  cars queuing almost down to  the little roundabout at the entrance and also queuing back  the other way towards the recycle bins.

Same where I just went. Presumably people will not be driving more than usual, so once the rush is done they  will have enough for months hopefully. Load of pensioners who I doubt drive very far.

Johnson has agreed to let EU drivers back in:

https://www.ft.com/content/8335166f-9019-471b-9cbf-d7554c3b40b2

Lets hope they come, they may not want to after the way the brexiteers told them to clear off.

3 minutes ago, nightrider said:

Same where I just went. Presumably people will not be driving more than usual, so once the rush is done they  will have enough for months hopefully. Load of pensioners who I doubt drive very far.

There weren't many cars going to the pumps right outside the shop, I think those pumps were out of petrol and just had diesel that is probably why they were asking what you wanted as you drove in.

Edited by iansheff

7 minutes ago, makapaka said:

like really thick.

Probably all the Sun readers who voted for the blue passports etc. Going well, isn't it?

16 minutes ago, makapaka said:

like really thick.

Who is it that is being daft?

A shortage is reported. People decide they do not want to run low so they are a little more prudent than normal and fill up when they have a third of a tank where they might normally wait until they get down to a sixth of a tank. They also avoid procrastinating and do it immediately. Suddenly demand for petrol has doubled or tripled and we see queues and petrol stations without petrol. Out comes the term 'panic buyer' but really it is just people being prudent.

Edited by Carbuncle

6 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

Who is it that is being daft?

A shortage is reported. People decide they do not want to run low so they are a little more prudent than normal and fill up when they have a third of a tank where they might normally wait until they get down to a sixth of a tank. They also avoid procrastinating and do it immediately. Suddenly demand for petrol has doubled or tripled and we see queues and petrol stations without petrol. Out comes the term 'panic buyer' but really it is just people being prudent.

Hmmm... :huh:

I blame this new E10 petrol...

... it's been proven that you get fewer miles to the gallon (litre for the non-Brexiters) and so people have to fill up more often... :roll:

Is anything else happening today, other than the ‘panic buying’ of motor fuel? 

Just now, crookesey said:

Is anything else happening today, other than the ‘panic buying’ of motor fuel? 

Ryder Cup started a couple of hours back.