Sign in to follow this  

City Centre Pub Recommendation

Guest makapaka

Where is good for a drink in the town centre on a Weekday tea time these days? Years since I’ve ventured into town.

Anywhere new and interesting opened since Covid or any of the existing pubs still worth going to?

You will not find the city centre that you remember, l would try The Brown Bear  on Norfolk Street.

20 hours ago, makapaka said:

Where is good for a drink in the town centre on a Weekday tea time these days? Years since I’ve ventured into town.

Anywhere new and interesting opened since Covid or any of the existing pubs still worth going to?

Depends what you want from a pub. I went into town last week, went in the Rutland arms industry tap, beer engine, Bath hotel, and red deer, and enjoyed my time in all of them. But if your wanting to go out and drink fancy cocktails in a place where the music's so loud you can't have a conversation, you wouldn't like any of them

19 hours ago, crookesey said:

You will not find the city centre that you remember, l would try The Brown Bear  on Norfolk Street.

If you want to put money into the pocket of a tyrant you may as well go into 'Spoons also.

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

If you want to put money into the pocket of a tyrant you may as well go into 'Spoons also.

You appear to be the forum expert on such matters, I don’t have the facilities or will to check the financial and criminal records of everyone that I am likely to deal with. This is all that I’m going to say about your post, I would only report something that effects me and mine along with friends, so if it happens it’s not of my doing.

A quick Google will tell you what the owner of Sam Smiths pubs is like.

Guest makapaka

Thanks for replies.I went in the frog and parrot, the gatsby, all bar one and the museum as I was heading in the direction of the city hall.

All decent enough.

Edited by makapaka