Pay Dates For Sheffield City Council?

Hi, 

I've got an interview to work for Sheffield City Council, and I wondered if anyone on here knew the day of the month that the pay date was.

I don't want to ask at interview, it's a bit presumptuous but just want to know for direct debits etc.

Just now, salmonbones said:

Hi, 

I've got an interview to work for Sheffield City Council, and I wondered if anyone on here knew the day of the month that the pay date was.

I don't want to ask at interview, it's a bit presumptuous but just want to know for direct debits etc.

30th, or the working day prior to that if it falls on a weekend or Bank Holiday. December usually the 22nd/23rd.

HHR - I wonder if the OP has applied for a job in Housing - 4 days a week & all those perks!!!

1 hour ago, MJ01 said:

HHR - I wonder if the OP has applied for a job in Housing - 4 days a week & all those perks!!!

£1k bonus at the end of the year and free healthcare from Westfield, if I recall correctly. 

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

£1k bonus at the end of the year and free healthcare from Westfield, if I recall correctly. 

No wonder the Housing Dept has got tens of thousands of staff

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

& 1st class travel on the Meadowhead high speed bullet train into town

I can confirm this was the worst interview I ever had in my life.

Over teams, fine I can sort of understand that.

I would give the interviewers a 1 out of 10, for all the 20 minutes it lasted.    My current job I had a 30 minute written test, and then spoke to them for around an hour and half.   They actually asked me to block out two hours because often it took that long.

So when I got the phone call to say I was unsuccessful, I am now sad that I neglected to say I had decided not to accept anyway based on my concern of the competence of those who interviewed me.   I simply said when I was told I was unsuccessful "that's fine"

I am thankful for the interview though, it has told me that I'm actually ok where I am now so have ceased looking elsewhere for now!