Mainstream Media

I like and trust the BBC. Britain has done since it's inception. Trumpmania seems to have altered all that in a very short time.

All Videos can be edited to convince you that all's not how it seems.

A good (but bent) Film maker could easily produce video and document evidence that would PROVE that Peter Sutcliffe (The Yorkshire Ripper) was innocent. Millions would believe this nonsense and would start waving American flags all over the place place bawling 'Defund the BBC and Defund the Police.

MSM on the whole (99%) will report things in a honest, non biased way.

The BBC report things in a very similar way  to ITV, Sky, RT and Al jazeera.

Fox News and GB News however, do not.

20 hours ago, Anna B said:

Jeremy Corbyn anyone?

Yep. JC was slaughtered by all the Murdoch Newspapers, 365 days a year. 

No offence Mel (this doesn't apply to you) but on Social Media, whenever I see the words 'Main Stream Media' I know I'm going to see nonsense posted by people who've purposely sourced sites that promote and publicise nonsense (mainly American sites) and repeat them Parrot fashion to anyone who's likely to listen. They criticise the BBC mainly, whilst openly admitting that they've not seen it for 2 years, or since Trump was at his height basically. One hates the BBC, so they all hate the BBC.

They love David Icke though? Masks don't work. Masks actually kill you. Hand Sanitiser is poisonous. Covid doesn't exist. The vaccine will make you ill in a year or two. What about the Bill Gates Microchip nonsense? George Floyd isn't dead. We didn't land on the Moon. Alien abduction is real.  911 was an inside job.  All believed by very same people who march to Trafalgar Square, which now seems to focus on Vaccine Passports. All the other Mask nonsense, Sanitiser nonsense and Bill Gates nonsense has mysteriously disappeared. 

They're all very dangerous Loons.

3 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

No offence Mel (this doesn't apply to you) but on Social Media, whenever I see the words 'Main Stream Media' I know I'm going to see nonsense posted by people who've purposely sourced sites that promote and publicise nonsense (mainly American sites) and repeat them Parrot fashion to anyone who's likely to listen. They criticise the BBC mainly, whilst openly admitting that they've not seen it for 2 years, or since Trump was at his height basically. One hates the BBC, so they all hate the BBC.

They love David Icke though? Masks don't work. Masks actually kill you. Hand Sanitiser is poisonous. Covid doesn't exist. The vaccine will make you ill in a year or two. What about the Bill Gates Microchip nonsense? George Floyd isn't dead. We didn't land on the Moon. Alien abduction is real.  911 was an inside job.  All believed by very same people who march to Trafalgar Square, which now seems to focus on Vaccine Passports. All the other Mask nonsense, Sanitiser nonsense and Bill Gates nonsense has mysteriously disappeared. 

They're all very dangerous Loons.

exactly fella, the term mainstream media or MSM turns me off too.

Unfortunately I needed to use it for this title though

50 minutes ago, melthebell said:

exactly fella, the term mainstream media or MSM turns me off too.

Unfortunately I needed to use it for this title though

Although 'mainstream media' and 'MSM' seem to have their genesis in kooky places, they are useful terms so why not use them?

Nor are the alternative sources of news necessarily bad: Wikipedia isn't MSM nor is Bellingcat nor are many of the sources of information which feed the news such as the ONS. Twitter is often a bad place to get news but there are bright spots too. For example, here is the twitter feed of a reputable infectious diseases epidemiologist, https://twitter.com/mlipsitch , who can be a good source on some emerging aspects of the pandemic.

8 hours ago, West 77 said:

It's what they call fake news.  Watched about 4 minutes of his nonsense.

Its what who calls fake news?

11 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Anybody With a braincell?

Guest sibon
1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

Anyone interested in the truth

18 hours ago, sibon said:

Maybe you could “flesh it out” in words.

There aren’t many of us who can endure half an hour of poor quality sound from some unverified bloke.

What’s so important about the video? Is he a real funeral director? Are his claims true? 

Have you bothered to check any of those things, or are you just slinging mud around as usual, hoping it will stick?

Promoting this sort of dangerous nonsense ought to be a criminal offence. He should be ashamed.

Having done a little research it appears he is a funeral director and his name is John O'Looney of Milton Keynes Family Funeral Services.

Here is the link to the BBC story he mentioned https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-52193244

And here is a demolition of his ludicrous claims https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-funeralhomes-covid-idUSL2N2OD1TX

As for his name, what can I say! 😀

Guest sibon
6 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

Something weird just happened. Some kind of tremor in the Force. Ah ... @sibon just agreed with @West 77 . I need to go and lie down.

We’re best friends really.

I like him, he calls me Mister😀

Where has The Times article about Cary Symonds and a possible 2018 Government job gone?

How much power does the right-wing press have?

52 minutes ago, Flanker7 said:

Where has The Times article about Cary Symonds and a possible 2018 Government job gone?

How much power does the right-wing press have?

More to the point, how keen are the right wing press to do the Tory Party's bidding rather than be independent organisations holding governments of all persuasions to account.

For those wondering what this is about - Carrie Johnson and the curious case of the vanishing Times story.