The Star - All Time Low

I have to say that over the last 3 days the star has hit an all time low. 

At this point I'd probably find a scouser willing to read the Sun over the star

Over 20 different social media articles about the tradegy in Killamarsh, most involving images of the child victims or the grieving father, even including what appeared to be a drone shot over the crime scene. 

It's time the press standards whatever it is stepped in and shut this Scum-rag down. 

• Like 1

If you don't like it you don't have to read it.

I certainly do not read British newspapers, no problem. 

If you want better standards look at yourself and do not expect some cheap paper to give this to you.

Nobody's forcing you to read poor press standard nonsense.

2 hours ago, Resident said:

Over 20 different social media articles about the tradegy in Killamarsh, most involving images of the child victims or the grieving father, even including what appeared to be a drone shot over the crime scene. 

It's time the press standards whatever it is stepped in and shut this Scum-rag down. 

You think that is the worst thing a newspaper has ever done?

A national paper whacked faked pictures of soldiers torturing prisoners on its front page.  Guess what? The paper is still running.

If you feel they have broken a rule, make a complaint rather than pontificating on here.

Edited by HeHasRisen

2 hours ago, Resident said:

The story has also dominated every Calendar and Look North bulletin I've seen over the last 3 days - with all of them repeating pretty much the same thing over and over again - images of child victims, grieving father / grandparents etc.

Star is no different.

9 hours ago, Longcol said:

The story has also dominated every Calendar and Look North bulletin I've seen over the last 3 days - with all of them repeating pretty much the same thing over and over again - images of child victims, grieving father / grandparents etc.

Star is no different.

No wonder some people get depressed watching reading that stuff. I'm glad that I stopped look north long time ago. 

Channel 4 had one 5 minutes report on the killermarsh murder story. 

Buy some flowers and look at them, it will be a better experience.

Edited by dutch

You have to be around my age to remember it as a credible news media, however the Telegraph was far better. Times change, I don’t take a daily newspape these days, other than Saturday’s Daily Mail.

5 hours ago, crookesey said:

I don’t take a daily newspape these days, other than Saturday’s Daily Mail.

I'm just over the border in Derbyshire and a member of the Derbyshire Library Service.

Every day I get downloaded  'free' the Daily Telegraph, Guardian, Independent, Derby Telegraph plus stuff like the Oldie, Economist etc. Not sure if your library service covers this, but for me it's such a good deal !

After 70  years of buying The Star I have decided that it no longer provides value for money after its recent price increase to £1. 10 p . Its pages are now filled with Estate Agent mansions for sale , prices of these houses usually going on for a million quid and just a dream to most readers of the paper .

Other pages are filled with  old photos of days gone buy so you end up with not much in the way of real local news , and even that is usually days after the event has taken place .

The back page has always been my inspiration to buy the paper but even that now repeats the previous days head line , so I will no longer buy what has become a photo  album  and put the £1 .10 p into the gas meter .

I see online they've been running their annual "which is the steepest hill in Sheffield" article again.

Once a year they get a few days mileage out of it with the obligatory "what's your opinion?"

Of course, everyone knows the definitive source for this was good old Sheffield Forum way back in 2003.

i buy and get the star delivered at only £3.50 per week and its delivered,i just order from leeds by phone and after 12 weeks when its due to go up in price ,just ring and agree another 12 week contract,so at less than 60p per day delivered it good value.

32 minutes ago, bassett one said:

i buy and get the star delivered at only £3.50 per week and its delivered,i just order from leeds by phone and after 12 weeks when its due to go up in price ,just ring and agree another 12 week contract,so at less than 60p per day delivered it good value.

Do you get it delivered?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MJ01 said:

Do you get it delivered?

What makes you say that?🤔