Eczema and dry skin problem

There is a pharmacollogical data sheet with all prescription medication.

You are free to quiz the prescriber - or better still the Pharmacist - on side effects / interactions.

You can also look it up online too :thumbsup:

Crookes Healthcare also produce E45 Itch Relief which has urea in it. :thumbsup:

Luckily I know this which I why I haven't used it on my face myself. However, many people just aren't 'medically aware', don't read data sheets and just do as they're told by their GP or by the person behind the counter. If the checkout operator (as it seems that some of the people in my Boots pharmacy are just that) asks no questions and just hands things over, people are going to assume they're safe.

You know what - i am amazed at reading this - the first time my son was prescribed cortisone was for eczema on his eyes and a patch on the side of his face - my mouth is wide open now.

i once had fucibet for impetigo - is it not an antibiotic?

I am stunned- he has a white patch on his face now which doesn't tan with the rest of his skin just stays white.

babs

Don't panic. It's fine if used as directed by your doctor and for SHORT periods of time. I have to use it for inside my ears even thought the directions say 'not to be put in ears'.

It is brilliant at doing the job and once the excema is cleared the key is moisturise moisturise and moisturise again.

My partners eczema never really clears.

He has it head to toe all year round. It would be impossible for him to wear shorts this weather.

When he has been hospitalised due to it, its the secondary infection (similar to impetigo) that takes a hold. Not only does he suffer the itching & sores etc but he has high fever & feels physically ill due to the amount of infection & has to have antibiotics by drip.

It is unbearable to see a young fit man suffer, with blister type fluid dripping like a tap from his body.

So I do feel for you all on here.

While I appreciate fucibet thins the skin & can cause permanent damage, he feels it is a small price to pay to be free from the suffering he has gone through without it.