Try Talking To Scc Housing Ect

1 hour ago, dave_the_m said:

It's quite simple.  Due to a policy of austerity, central government cut the overall budgets of local councils by about a third over the last decade. Given that councils want to avoid cutting services such as child protection much, it means that elsewhere the cuts have been even greater than a third. If you cut the number of people manning the phones etc in housing services by a third, not only does the service get a lot worse, but the effects cascade - staff now spend their time fielding phone calls from angry people whose cases haven't progressed, so overall it at takes more staff time than before to process each case. So morale plummets, staff leave and their replacements don't have the necessary skills and knowledge.

Whether some or even many people are working part time is a red herring. If someone only works 4 days a week then they only get 4/5ths of the equivalent full-time salary. And if many staff are part time, then the council employs more of them, so that the overall hours worked are the same as if everyone was full-time. And in fact with part-time workers you get more flexibility, so you can ensure that there are more staff available on days like monday when the lines will be busier.

This is not to say that there isn't necessarily incompetence or mismanagement at SCC - just that it hasn't been demonstrated yet in this thread.

well what about the patch officers?,what about the tree planting saga?also what about all the staff  used to collect the 10p levy? this is all waste,plus why do we need all these people working  in the buildings for scc council  housing? theres lots of waste there or staff that could be deployed to better jobs or those where need is most required.not trying to be clever,just my observations over many years working with these people,who for the most are good workers.

17 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

So despite two people on this thread telling you they dont work 32 hour 4 day weeks, you still think they do work 32 hour 4 day weeks because this is how it worked years ago.

Its fine to admit you are wrong you know.

Hmmm... :huh:

I agree Mr Risen! :thumbsup:

From what I've read of their performance...

... 32 hours a week does seem a little excessive to me! :hihi:

well rang today 14th in the queue ,but 30 mins to ask why no call from any of there 3 depts,well good news about 1,but she had to leave message with other 2 depts again for the 3rd time,so we will see,re-when i used to speak to housing it was 18th months ago,i apologise if they now work 40 hours now,if they do even there people on the phones have to apologise that they cannot get to talk to them,and they dont answer there messages,re the housing i used to talk to they were at there lowedges,gleadless and jordanthorpe  offices,they were great people ,but they always worked 32 hours,

Televisions used to have Teletext on them and people used to use fax machines, you do realise times change aye?

maybe,but what about the patch officers that do nowt as they cannot do the job they were set on to do,and all them levy workers,theres lots of waste i can assure you