Insulate Britain Want Motorway Speed Limit Cut So They Can Block The Road

On 25/10/2021 at 18:01, Resident said:

Probably worse. I wouldn't be surprised if someone, already at the end of their tether just snapped at drove at them at speed with no intention of stopping. 

Hope not, they’ll rightly be facing criminal charges if they do. I think someone squirted paint on them today, chap was arrested and charged. Hard to get away with assaulting them, with all the cameras around.

3 hours ago, Waldo said:

Hope not, they’ll rightly be facing criminal charges if they do. I think someone squirted paint on them today, chap was arrested and charged. Hard to get away with assaulting them, with all the cameras around.

And yet the protesters aren't being dealt with to the full extent of the law. Every single one of them should be held in contempt of court, which can invoke a custodial hold. 

Guest makapaka

They’re  right the insulate Britain folk. It just doesn’t fit with how we have to live our lives.

Easily sorted, kids super soaker filled with p1s, job done. What's the worst that can happen? you ain't going to jail for spraying someone with tap water. ;)

9 hours ago, Resident said:

And yet the protesters aren't being dealt with to the full extent of the law. Every single one of them should be held in contempt of court, which can invoke a custodial hold. 

Law applies to everyone. Just because someone may be breaking the law or a court order (not sure of the details re these protesters) doesn’t mean it’s fine for people to start assaulting them.

On 27/10/2021 at 23:57, Dardandec said:

Easily sorted, kids super soaker filled with p1s, job done. What's the worst that can happen? you ain't going to jail for spraying someone with tap water. ;)

Unfortunately it doesn't quite work like that Dardandec.

Definition of Assault

In accordance with the work A Dictionary of Law, this is a description of Assault :

An intentional or reckless act that causes someone to be put in fear of immediate physical harm. Actual physical contact is not necessary to constitute an assault.

If the recipient of the P1s or water, or for that matter someone who ran at them at speed in a car, stopping just in time,  claimed he thought he was being attacked with Acid or fear of being run over (And no doubt claimed his Mental health had been affected ever since) there would be a good chance the worse could in fact happen ☹️.

Keep safe.

Edited by Rockers rule
Spelling Ooop's

19 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Unfortunately it doesn't quite work like that Dardandec.

Definition of Assault

In accordance with the work A Dictionary of Law, this is a description of Assault :

An intentional or reckless act that causes someone to be put in fear of immediate physical harm. Actual physical contact is not necessary to constitute an assault.

If the recipient of the P1s or water, or for that matter someone who ran at them at speed in a car, stopping just in time,  claimed he thought he was being attacked with Acid or fear of being run over (And no doubt claimed his Mental health had been affected ever since) there would be a good chance the worse could in fact happen ☹️.

Keep safe.

Hmmm... :huh:

I'd like to see that definition challenged in the courts.

Is a person that's deliberately stepping out into moving traffic not also putting drivers in fear of someone behind rear-ending them, and by that defintion is therefore also guilty of assault? :confused:

1 minute ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

I'd like to see that definition challenged in the courts.

Is a person that's deliberately stepping out into moving traffic not also putting drivers in fear of someone behind rear-ending them, and by that defintion is therefore also guilty of assault? :confused:

Widely used in court already Mr Bloke, (its law, not my definition)

And sorry yes, stepping out into traffic with the sole intention of causing fear to the motorist could in fact land that person on a charge.

Aren't we all (well most of us anyway) always in fear of being 'rear-ended' 🥴 :confused:🥴

Keep safe 8)

58 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

And sorry yes, stepping out into traffic with the sole intention of causing fear to the motorist could in fact land that person on a charge.

Aren't we all (well most of us anyway) always in fear of being 'rear-ended' 🥴 :confused:🥴

Keep safe 8)

Being the Landlord of a certain "Padders Bar" I certainly am.

59 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Keep safe 8)

I know I am and i havent got a car 😀

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I know I am and i havent got a car 😀

Top Tip Hackey,

Make sure you stand with your back to the wall if/when visiting "Padders Bar"

2 minutes ago, Padders said:

Top Tip Hackey,

Make sure you stand with your back to the wall if/when visiting "Padders Bar"

And clench 😀