Insulate Britain Want Motorway Speed Limit Cut So They Can Block The Road

You couldn't make it up, Insulate Britain want  the speed limit cutting to accommodate their road blocks on the motorway. There are fears that these demonstrations could go on for months, I wonder how long before some drivers decide enough is enough and get out their cars and start moving them.

'Cut motorway speed limit so we can block road', demand M25 protesters (msn.com)

Would you bring in the Army to deal road blocks instigated by:

anti-Covid lockdown protesters

Brexit supportrs

farmers

delivery drivers

oil tanker drivers

taxi drivers

lorry drivers

resident groups

anti pollution protestors etc., etc.?

Edited by Annie Bynnol

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

As it happens I would assuming it's a major road and is causing disruption and inconvenience to innocent  normal law abiding people.  I note you included Brexit supporters in your list who I am not aware of blocking any roads. Brexit supporters did have various marches to counteract the anti Brexit / anti democratic marchers and protests but I never supported them doing so.

Just for completeness, I think during the time of a pandemic a kind of martial law should apply in which all major protests likely to cause any disruption should be banned.  The "Insulate Britain Mob" are an utter disgrace in my opinion by their selfish actions at a time when normal hardworking people are doing their best to get the economy moving and growing again after suffering 18 months of a pandemic.

Many groups of protestors have in the past have threatened or actually blocked our main roads including pro Brexit activists.

It is a common method of protest in the US and Europe.

The army would not have a clue what to do.

Shooting farmers and fishermen?

Driving tanks over tree huggers?

Firing missiles at lorry drivers?

Mining taxis?

When you have replaced the democratically elected representatives with soldiers, who will be in charge of selecting who the army points their weapons at?

Is using the army as a political weapon against a minority acceptable?

Is replacing democratically elected representatives with soldiers in order to remove some tree hugger off a road sensible?

Who is in charge of the army?

Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Tiananmen Square? 

Are you serious? 

Edited by Annie Bynnol

This Tweet made me laugh. Arent bricklayers in demand at the moment? So he has taken 4 Mondays off, to travel down south, to go and sit on a road.

25 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Why would the army need any weapons to remove or persuade the "Insulate Britain Mob" to leave a motorway?  I've not suggested replacing democracy with soldiers or the army using military weapons against their own people.  The army didn't need guns to drive green goddesses or help with emergency flood defences.  They haven't needed guns when helping out with the vaccine program.  The army is a much under used domestic resource in our country and it makes common sense to use them to help the police keep law and order in this country and in the process stop motorways being blocked by selfish people. While the police are dealing with blocked motorways they are not dealing with other criminal activity or keeping other people safe.

So you remember the total failure of the Green Goddesses in Sheffield. Most were removed and replaced by RAF and civilian firefighters from Finningley etc, we called them 'Misson Impossible' after what was supposed to be the top secret bases around Misson. 

You may also remember how quickly trust in the army evaporated in all the communities in Northern Ireland. 

What can a soldier do (illegally) that a police officer can do legally? The soldier has no training and no equipment and no   experience and no authority.

The experience of Northern Ireland established that soldiers performance after involvement in a civilian environment in their own country are permanently adversely effected.

During the anti nuclear protests around our bases soldiers were never exposed to civilians as they and their equipment were designed and trained to kill 'spetsnaz' not confront civilians. Police were even deployed to protect protestors and soldiers(paticularly American) from each other.

As you say yourself there is a need "...to police mass demonstrations and protests...".

The best equipped, trained, experienced, available people "...to police mass demonstrations and protests..." are the police.

The lack of Police is a result of how you vote. 

The introduction of Martial law to allow Soldiers to confront/remove farmers, fishermen, anti-lockdown, Brexiteers, taxi drivers, tax protestors, greens and other civilians is ridiculous and smacks of the anti democratic communist and fascist states.

The fact is we are a democracy and people do protest. 

23 hours ago, West 77 said:

As it happens I would assuming it's a major road and is causing disruption and inconvenience to innocent  normal law abiding people.  I note you included Brexit supporters in your list who I am not aware of blocking any roads. Brexit supporters did have various marches to counteract the anti Brexit / anti democratic marchers and protests but I never supported them doing so.

Just for completeness, I think during the time of a pandemic a kind of martial law should apply in which all major protests likely to cause any disruption should be banned.  The "Insulate Britain Mob" are an utter disgrace in my opinion by their selfish actions at a time when normal hardworking people are doing their best to get the economy moving and growing again after suffering 18 months of a pandemic.

you didnt notice this one then?

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/gloucester-news/brexit-traffic-blockades-protests-really-2673511

although in the end if i remember it was a bit ****

7 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Exactly correct ,I didn't notice that one and neither did most people due to the lack of support the planned protest obviously got.  I appreciate your good work in supporting my point that Brexit supporters didn't go about causing major road blocks and chose using the ballot box to get the 2016 EU referendum result implemented. 

i think the point was, would you have been against the protests IF THEY HAD ground traffic on major roads to a standstill, or is it only protests you dont agree with.

Hilarious exchange on GMB this morning.  A protestor on as a spokesman hadn't even insulated his own home, so he walked off the set!

Its one thing to get trounced and humiliated in an interview by John Snow, Paxman or someone with a bit of weight - but Richard Madeley.....!

12 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Hilarious exchange on GMB this morning.  A protestor on as a spokesman hadn't even insulated his own home, so he walked off the set!

Its one thing to get trounced and humiliated in an interview by John Snow, Paxman or someone with a bit of weight - but Richard Madeley.....!

Hes hardcore, hes had Judy to contend with all of these years

18 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Car crash tv at its finest 

Oops...

... beaten to it by Mr Daddy! :hihi:

Edited by Mr Bloke