Is Darren Moore Out Of His Depth?.

7 minutes ago, FoxLady said:

Moore out of his depth?

From the match radio commentary, I suspect the whole team is. 

It's true to say that Wednesday have struggled to play well during any match this season....but this is a team consisting of a number of Darren Moore signings....he coaches them,he dictates the style of play,he picks the team and he decides on substitutions and 2 wins in the last 11 games suggest that the manager is not up-to the job...

Having said that,the constant hiring and firing of managers hasn't improved the teams standing and it's more likely that the bigger problem is the man who owns the club.

Edited by Sheridan1-0

12 minutes ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

It's true to say that Wednesday have struggled to play well during any match this season....but this is a team consisting of a number of Darren Moore signings....he coaches them,he dictates the style of play,he picks the team and he decides on substitutions and 2 wins in the last 11 games suggest that the manager is not up-to the job...

Having said that,the constant hiring and firing of managers hasn't improved the teams standing and it's more likely that the bigger problem is the man who owns the club.

Hmmm... :huh:

I'm not a great fan of Mr Tuna but...

... as he's rarely in the country these days, can he really be continued to be blamed for the teams recent poor performances?

Isn't it much more likely that the problem lies within the team itself?

I know Mr Bannan is very popular with fans based on past performances, but if he's still captain(?) then shouldn't he shoulder some of the blame for not ensuring his team-mates give 100% every game?

Isn't that what a captain is supposed to do? :|

42 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

The way Wednesday are sinking makes me wonder if Mr, Bannan is somehow related to Captain Edward Smith.

DM is an average Manager From what I've seen The team don't seem to play attacking football and I'm sure fans are not that happy seeing this boring football being played 

I can't remember last time Swfc had a Attacking thinking Manager or one That will get fans off their seats when watching the team play 

Sadly this will go on happening .I don't go to games no more apart from odd times when I get a free ticket and even then 50/50 if I really want to go 

Sad times for owls fans 

I believe hat DM has yet to discover the ability to ‘change’. The first change would be shutting up shop in the last five minutes when leading, another would be to play ‘keep ball’, this infuriates the opposition and leads them into making mistakes, my favoured change would be to stop attempting to play good football, this only comes alongside success.

Edited by crookesey

There are way too many deep rooted issues at S6, that begin @ the top and filter down, theres tons of talk about dressing room splits and interference in team selection and they come from inside football and people close to the club.

These issues have gone on for way too long and seem to always involve the same players.

Its a basket case of a club under Chansiri. Pullis and Monk have both eluded to the problems, but are silenced by the terms of their contracts.

5 games unbeaten, he's doing a great job.

Keep up the good work Dazza.

17 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

I'm not a great fan of Mr Tuna but...

... as he's rarely in the country these days, can he really be continued to be blamed for the teams recent poor performances?

Isn't it much more likely that the problem lies within the team itself?

I know Mr Bannan is very popular with fans based on past performances, but if he's still captain(?) then shouldn't he shoulder some of the blame for not ensuring his team-mates give 100% every game?

When we have gone through the number of managers we've had since Carlos left ,you begin to wonder how they can all get it wrong...and we have ended up where we are....it becomes clear that they are being asked to do a job with one hand tied behind their back...DC micro manages everything at the club and no one is allowed to do their jobs properly.....

The current run of 2 wins in 11 games is shocking and Darren Moore is doing himself no favours...but another managerial change will only result in more of the same...

Maybe if you saw Barry Bannan on a regular basis then you'd realise just how silly your comments look...

39 minutes ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

When we have gone through the number of managers we've had since Carlos left ,you begin to wonder how they can all get it wrong...and we have ended up where we are....it becomes clear that they are being asked to do a job with one hand tied behind their back...DC micro manages everything at the club and no one is allowed to do their jobs properly.....

The current run of 2 wins in 11 games is shocking and Darren Moore is doing himself no favours...but another managerial change will only result in more of the same...

Maybe if you saw Barry Bannan on a regular basis then you'd realise just how silly your comments look...

You seem to have missed the point again!

I don't doubt that Mr Bannan gives everything for the team, but that doesn't make him a good captain.

I fortunately don't have to watch them every week, but from what I've read, everything revolves around him - he takes all the free kicks, corners etc.

Now, that's OK when things come off and goals are scored, but when opportunities are constantly wasted, you've got to wonder what his team-mates are thinking - haven't you?

I'm sure a few of them must think they could do better given the chance, and probably resent having only 'supporting' roles in the team.

I've seen him many times throwing his arms about and shouting at players when he thinks they've done something wrong, but I've yet to see him actively encourage players when they've made a mistake (such as sloppy goalkeeping errors).

That's when a team really needs a captain - when things are going wrong - and as we've seen, when things start to go wrong at Wednesday they rarely recover... :|

Congratulations if you've reached this point - I know your attention span must have been tested!

20 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

You seem to have missed the point again!

I don't doubt that Mr Bannan gives everything for the team, but that doesn't make him a good captain.

I fortunately don't have to watch them every week, but from what I've read, everything revolves around him - he takes all the free kicks, corners etc.

Now, that's OK when things come off and goals are scored, but when opportunities are constantly wasted, you've got to wonder what his team-mates are thinking - haven't you?

I'm sure a few of them must think they could do better given the chance, and probably resent having only 'supporting' roles in the team.

I've seen him many times throwing his arms about and shouting at players when he thinks they've done something wrong, but I've yet to see him actively encourage players when they've made a mistake (such as sloppy goalkeeping errors).

That's when a team really needs a captain - when things are going wrong - and as we've seen, when things start to go wrong at Wednesday they rarely recover... :|

Congratulations if you've reached this point - I know your attention span must have been tested!

Fancy me thinking i know exactly how Barry Bannan plays and what he brings to the team by watching him on a regular basis ....and yet you know better because you've "read" about him....hmmm ok then..

The only singular person that could/should make a significant difference to the club and team is the owner, the greatest captain/player that the game has ever seen couldn’t do anything without the former.

4 minutes ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Fancy me thinking i know exactly how Barry Bannan plays and what he brings to the team by watching him on a regular basis ....and yet you know better because you've "read" about him....hmmm ok then..

Sometimes you can be too close to something to see what's actually happening.

I get that you're obviously a fan of Mr Bannan, but I find it strange that you're happier to blame someone who is thousands of miles away rather than someone who is on the pitch... :|