Is Darren Moore Out Of His Depth?.

He was employed to Keep Wednesday in the Championship and failed.

He's not pulling any trees up in League 1.

His win percentage rate so far after over 20 games is terrible 

How much longer has he got before it's his turn to go?.

Edited by Alextopman

39 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

He was employed to Keep Wednesday in the Championship and failed.

He's not pulling any trees up in League 1.

His win percentage rate so far after over 20 games is terrible 

How much longer has he got before it's his turn to go?.

Considering he was pretty poorly towards the end of last season & away from the club for long periods ,to say he failed to keep us up is a bit harsh …however…I’m not convinced he’s the man to get us back up …we haven’t had a game where we’ve dominated from start to finish…he chops & changes the starting 11…tactics are very hit & miss …but he deserves a run of games to get it right..I’d give him till Christmas & look at it then ..

It’s beginning to look that way, sorry to say. He’ll get every chance but if he needs to go it has to be no later than November.
I think we can trust Chansiri to make the wrong decision, lol.

Hmmm... :huh:

It wasn't Moore that missed the penalty yesterday that would've put them in the play-off places... :roll:

and the refs off side choice as well,give him time to get them going,otherwise it will be same old,new manager,he wants old players out and his in,by that time its may,i would like cooke or ainsworth,but give darren a while yet,small margins often win or lose games,so give him to nov/dec,plus chansiri said theres money in jan if needed

3 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

It wasn't Moore that missed the penalty yesterday that would've put them in the play-off places... :roll:

Not seen it but read it was the player they were praising for the first three games who seems to have had a couple of bad games, the bloke who stood by you when everyone else was abandoning the Ship.

Guest sibon
32 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

Not seen it but read it was the player they were praising for the first three games who seems to have had a couple of bad games, the bloke who stood by you when everyone else was abandoning the Ship.

It wasn’t a good penalty, but Bannan has plenty of credit with any sensible Wednesday fan. 

I’m yet to be convinced by Moore, but we’ve reached a point where we really need to stick with a manager and give him a chance to put his stamp on things.

Its a long season. We’ve been a bit fortunate in some games and unfortunate in others. He’s recruited well. I’m happy for him to have plenty of time to get things right.

Ask us again in January.

I find it strange the bloke who started this didn’t start one  6 months ago but with a name change,Ie  the bloke who took over from Wilder.oh and a mention of another penalty miss.

Edited by ukdobby

6 hours ago, cmonkes said:

Chatting with my mate this afternoon in the WMC, he seems to think he is.

He says that the recruitment in the summer was spot on, however he doesn't think Moore knows how to field his best XI, or how to play them to their strengths in order to win games of football. That he sets them up negatively, wants them to play out of the back and does utilise his attacking assets. 

He wants him gone, but doesn't know who they would be able to tempt to replace him. He says nobody wants the job because of chansiri and this is why Wednesday had to go for 10th choice moore in the first place.

None of which my opinion, only repeating his thoughts.

Who were the other 9? 🤣

7 hours ago, bassett one said:

and the refs off side choice as well,give him time to get them going,otherwise it will be same old,new manager,he wants old players out and his in,by that time its may,i would like cooke or ainsworth,but give darren a while yet,small margins often win or lose games,so give him to nov/dec,plus chansiri said theres money in jan if needed

Cooke at another underachieving club at Ipswich, also not pulling any trees up , could possibly be persuaded to return to the north. Depends how professionally ambitious Ainsworth is.  

8 hours ago, ukdobby said:

I find it strange the bloke who started this didn’t start one  6 months ago but with a name change,Ie  the bloke who took over from Wilder.oh and a mention of another penalty miss.

I don't find it strange that the only person to reply off topic and not addressing the question is the same person who moans about it regular. 

All credit to the rest who have answered sensibly and truthfully up to now.

Ive never hidden the fact that I dont think DM has what it takes to be a success, tactically hes very poor, slow to react, players out of position,he just doesnt seem to have the answers to problems that arise during a game.The team just look to plod on in the same  style, and you can see the better players getting frustrated by his tactics.

Ive already said I dont expect him to be here at Xmas, but a couple of wins on the spin and the picture would change and prolong the inevitable.

The hierarchy at S6 that hire and fire just make poor decisions, I dont know what formula they use or if they even have one, but it wants tearing up, I get that we didnt have loads of cash to sign good quality players, but we have paid fees for a lot of the players weve already brought in, i just feel  that we could have got better players for less money, had we looked in the right places and worked harder on recruiting them, same goes for the manager, he was an unambitious choice.

Edited by staninoodle