Jump to content

Is Darren Moore Out Of His Depth?.

Recommended Posts

He was employed to Keep Wednesday in the Championship and failed.

He's not pulling any trees up in League 1.

His win percentage rate so far after over 20 games is terrible 

How much longer has he got before it's his turn to go?.

Edited by Alextopman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chatting with my mate this afternoon in the WMC, he seems to think he is.

 

He says that the recruitment in the summer was spot on, however he doesn't think Moore knows how to field his best XI, or how to play them to their strengths in order to win games of football. That he sets them up negatively, wants them to play out of the back and does utilise his attacking assets. 

 

He wants him gone, but doesn't know who they would be able to tempt to replace him. He says nobody wants the job because of chansiri and this is why Wednesday had to go for 10th choice moore in the first place.

 

None of which my opinion, only repeating his thoughts.

 

 

 

Edited by cmonkes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

He was employed to Keep Wednesday in the Championship and failed.

He's not pulling any trees up in League 1.

His win percentage rate so far after over 20 games is terrible 

How much longer has he got before it's his turn to go?.

Considering he was pretty poorly towards the end of last season & away from the club for long periods ,to say he failed to keep us up is a bit harsh …however…I’m not convinced he’s the man to get us back up …we haven’t had a game where we’ve dominated from start to finish…he chops & changes the starting 11…tactics are very hit & miss …but he deserves a run of games to get it right..I’d give him till Christmas & look at it then ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s beginning to look that way, sorry to say. He’ll get every chance but if he needs to go it has to be no later than November.
I think we can trust Chansiri to make the wrong decision, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm... :huh:


It wasn't Moore that missed the penalty yesterday that would've put them in the play-off places... :roll:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and the refs off side choice as well,give him time to get them going,otherwise it will be same old,new manager,he wants old players out and his in,by that time its may,i would like cooke or ainsworth,but give darren a while yet,small margins often win or lose games,so give him to nov/dec,plus chansiri said theres money in jan if needed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:


It wasn't Moore that missed the penalty yesterday that would've put them in the play-off places... :roll:

 

Not seen it but read it was the player they were praising for the first three games who seems to have had a couple of bad games, the bloke who stood by you when everyone else was abandoning the Ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

Not seen it but read it was the player they were praising for the first three games who seems to have had a couple of bad games, the bloke who stood by you when everyone else was abandoning the Ship.

It wasn’t a good penalty, but Bannan has plenty of credit with any sensible Wednesday fan. 

 

I’m yet to be convinced by Moore, but we’ve reached a point where we really need to stick with a manager and give him a chance to put his stamp on things.

 

Its a long season. We’ve been a bit fortunate in some games and unfortunate in others. He’s recruited well. I’m happy for him to have plenty of time to get things right.

 

Ask us again in January.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it strange the bloke who started this didn’t start one  6 months ago but with a name change,Ie  the bloke who took over from Wilder.oh and a mention of another penalty miss.

Edited by ukdobby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cmonkes said:

Chatting with my mate this afternoon in the WMC, he seems to think he is.

 

He says that the recruitment in the summer was spot on, however he doesn't think Moore knows how to field his best XI, or how to play them to their strengths in order to win games of football. That he sets them up negatively, wants them to play out of the back and does utilise his attacking assets. 

 

He wants him gone, but doesn't know who they would be able to tempt to replace him. He says nobody wants the job because of chansiri and this is why Wednesday had to go for 10th choice moore in the first place.

 

None of which my opinion, only repeating his thoughts.

 

 

 

Who were the other 9? 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

54 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Who were the other 9? 🤣

You tell me 😂 All usual suspects I suppose.... 

 

Odd checker always has its hyped up list of former players, journey managers and rank outsiders who haven't even applied.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm starting to have my doubts about DM although I really wanted it to work for both parties. Much rather go back in time to one of our better managers nd coax him out of retirement, OK, I know he's passed it but the late great Jimmy Greaves knew a thing or two didn't he? Jimmy knew.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.