Nhs 'Diversity' Tsar On 35k More Than Chief Exec?

1 hour ago, ukdobby said:

I would say the NHS is one of the most diverse places in theUK.

It surely is and the BBC is ahead of its own targets so why is cash being wasted in this way?

Guest makapaka

Her job isn’t diversity tsar though. And that isn’t all she is responsible for. 

that statement is there  just to get people angry.

I’m not suggesting the salary is justifiable but it’s pretty clear it’s just a story to try and get people wound up. 

4 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Any outfit worth its salt has to have a diversity tsar. Ms June Sarpong gets £267,000 a year of your TV licence money for three days a week of diversifying. Were it a full time job, she’d be on more than the Director General.

precisely why i dont pay a licence fee and nor should anyone else, it should be self funding and hopefully it will be soon.

12 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I’m not suggesting the salary is justifiable but it’s pretty clear it’s just a story to try and get people wound up. 

Well, nobody actually has the word ‘tsar’ in their job title. In her case, it’s Director of Creative Diversity.

12 minutes ago, makapaka said:

she is contracted as "chief people officer" along with the diversity role which is another clap trap non title, shes taken a pay cut from the UN? really ? i am sure we are not getting value for money here!

22 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Agree - especially when dragging up something that happened a couple of years ago.

More about the job here;

https://www.england.nhs.uk/2019/03/new-chief-people-officer/

15 years ago the title would probably have been "Chief Personnel Officer", 5 years ago "Chief Human Resources Officer".

Edited by Longcol

Guest makapaka
30 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

she is contracted as "chief people officer" along with the diversity role which is another clap trap non title, shes taken a pay cut from the UN? really ? i am sure we are not getting value for money here!

Maybe not - but the diversity thing is just there to wind people up and it’s succeeded.

“The new position is part of the NHS Executive Group and will play a leading role in ensuring that NHS in England has enough people, with the right skills and experience to deliver the improvements for patients set out in the Long Term Plan.”

it’s also not “new” she’s been there 2 years.

Edited by makapaka

6 hours ago, ab6262 said:

what is the world coming to when a diversity post in the NHS pays more than the cheif exec of the NHS and way more than the prime minister according to a report in the sunday mail !!!!https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10004111/NHSs-diversity-tsar-paid-35-000-chief-executive.html

what  a joke and what is worse is that somebody sets these salaries!

If I were you I’d stop buying the DM, it doesn’t do your mental health any favors.

1 hour ago, makapaka said:

How would you judge a persons worth in the job they are doing?

I get paid around £10 an hour, how would you know if I was being over or under paid?

Guest makapaka
4 hours ago, El Cid said:

I get paid around £10 an hour, how would you know if I was being over or under paid?

As I said - I don’t know.

4 hours ago, El Cid said:

Well, given the minimum wage is now £8.91 per hour I'd reckon the odds are you're underpaid.....................

18 hours ago, RollingJ said:

after all, the Tsar has to justify his/her existence!!

Don't be transgenderist.....or whatever the term is these days