Everybody's Talking About Jamie

It has been a long time since we had such a great movie made in Sheffield. 

It had a great warm opening at crucible where it originally started as a musical.

It really shows how Sheffield can make original movies in its own way. 

20 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Looks awful tbh.

I thought it looked interesting, and funny

The film didn’t get very good reviews in The Mail. They said it lost a lot of the atmosphere of the stage show. 

35 minutes ago, pattricia said:

The film didn’t get very good reviews in The Mail. They said it lost a lot of the atmosphere of the stage show. 

I have seen the stage show and the movie now, they certainly are something different. 

The movie does have some nice views of Sheffield.

Making a movie of a musical is a challenge and has been done well considering this difficulty. It is more something artistic than realistic.

Just went to see it at Abbeydale Picture House, thought it was absolutely brilliant (& so did the rest of the crowd by the laughs and applause throughout!)

Guest makapaka

I left it to the mrs and daughter half way through.

The fact it was in Sheffield held me for a while - had it not been for that I don’t think I would have got through the first 5 mins.

Not for me.

I started this topic with a glass in my hand and my mobile in the other and everyone there who had just seen Jamie at crucible was very happy about the film.

It also had applause during the film and a standing ovation.

There was one elderly drunk behind me at the bar who had never heard of the film.

Would I call it a movie? No but it is a good film made of a fantastic musical.

I met several people by the pink carpet Hollywood style opening who had seen the musical twice or thrice.

This film has been done in picasso style singing and dancing. Not everyone likes that.

Edited by dutch

10 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Looks awful tbh.

10 hours ago, melthebell said:

I thought it looked interesting, and funny

10 hours ago, pattricia said:

The only way to find how good / bad the film is, is to actually watch it. not sure why any reviews weren't good, we enjoyed it

9 hours ago, SFBeca said:

Just went to see it at Abbeydale Picture House, thought it was absolutely brilliant (& so did the rest of the crowd by the laughs and applause throughout!)

Thought you'd been watching re runs of Quantum Leap Beca.

I had no idea Abbeydale Picture House had reopened.

I've posted my score and comments on this film in the 'Rate the last film you've seen'.

Why have we two threads for the same film?

Surely the two should be merged or at least go to 'Rate the last film you've seen' and enter your ratings good or bad.

Keep safe 

Enjoy

Edited by Rockers rule
Spelling Ooop's

We still don't know who the flipp is Alice, :clap:   so now,   who the flipp  is Jamie.   :hihi:

21 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

We still don't know who the flipp is Alice, :clap:   so now,   who the flipp  is Jamie.   :hihi:

Hmmm... :huh:

... wasn't he Alice's next door neighbour? :confused:

Just don't know who's who, what's what,   by the way,  what day is it.  :hihi: