Recent Loss Of Phone Signal

Around Bochum parkway/graves leisure centre/retail park I now have no phone signal. Can’t call or text or access internet etc. 
Always been fine in the past. Husband is the same on another phone and network so I don’t think it’s connected to my device or particular service provider. 

Has anybody else faced this or know why this has happened? Was fine July and before that. 

It would help if you said which network you are on. I've got issues at the minute (albeit I live in a different part of the city) and I'm on TescoMobile, which piggybacks on the 02 network. If I use their service checker, then I can see there is an issue with the local mast, which explains why my calls drop out at the moment and texts can be a bit hit and miss :

O2 | Service Status

If you're not on O2, then I'm sure other networks will have similar status checks on their website which you can use to see if there is a recent issue affecting your location.

7 hours ago, HallamGirl said:

It would help if you said which network you are on. I've got issues at the minute (albeit I live in a different part of the city) and I'm on TescoMobile, which piggybacks on the 02 network. If I use their service checker, then I can see there is an issue with the local mast, which explains why my calls drop out at the moment and texts can be a bit hit and miss :

O2 | Service Status

If you're not on O2, then I'm sure other networks will have similar status checks on their website which you can use to see if there is a recent issue affecting your location.

😆😆As I said, it’s not network specific. Three and O2 

Could be co-located on the same mast, and therefore the same issue. Have you tried looking at the O2 status checker link I mentioned and if so does anything flag up? I registered for updates with O2 and I had a text today to say my issue is still ongoing. Have you tried looking for the Three equivalent?

I'm in that area, on 3 network, my signal has been horrendous, other family members had the same, as well as friends at meadowhead on ID mobile. Signal checkers saying no issues! But there obviously is.

I had the standard 7 day update text from O2 today saying they are working on it and are *really* sorry there are still problems with the mast (the one on Blackbrook Road I suspect). I appreciate there are transport issues and chip shortages nationally, if not globally, which may or may not be causing a problem, but I'd prefer it if they were honest and said "this will be a month or two to resolve" given it's been three weeks already.

Edited by HallamGirl

They wont tell you as its not just parts, it getting access to the land where the mast is, if its a shared mast, if Sheffield Sh***Y Council let them dig up any roads if it is required.... lots of variables, and all very changable.. hence o2 don't give exact time frames.... 

It is one of 2 masts one one Bochum Parkway, next to Graves Leisure Centre or Greenhill Main Road , there is no o2 mast on Blackbrook Road....

On 23/09/2021 at 22:03, HettsC said:

I'm in that area, on 3 network, my signal has been horrendous, other family members had the same, as well as friends at meadowhead on ID mobile. Signal checkers saying no issues! But there obviously is.

My and my partner were on 3 for several years, and the signal has got progressively worse, so we jumped ship, me to EE and her to Vodafone....no problems since. Which sucks because 3 used to be good value.

On 25/09/2021 at 07:24, mozza_ev said:

They wont tell you as its not just parts, it getting access to the land where the mast is, if its a shared mast, if Sheffield Sh***Y Council let them dig up any roads if it is required.... lots of variables, and all very changable.. hence o2 don't give exact time frames.... 

It is one of 2 masts one one Bochum Parkway, next to Graves Leisure Centre or Greenhill Main Road , there is no o2 mast on Blackbrook Road....

You're right, the mast on Blackbrook Road belongs to 3 having checked up on it.

Our mast is on Hangram Lane (cell 110). I clearly wouldn't be picking up my signal in Fulwood from Bochum Parkway or Graves though (although you could be referring to the sites for the OP of course).

This is quite a useful link to identify masts, networks (not just o2) and locations :

O2-UK (United Kingdom) - Cellular Coverage and Tower Map (cellmapper.net)

I've had a message over the weekend to say our service is fixed now, so I guess I'll find out over the next few days whether or not my service improves.

always a bad reception around greenhill,saw a new mast being put up at meadowhead