A Curious Question About Planet Earth And Playing Cards.

Assuming the statement below is true, and there are 133,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 atoms in planet earth; how many planet earths would you need such that each atom in all the planets, represented one combination, out of all the possible ways you can shuffle a deck of 52 playing cards?

Go!...

Earlier today I received a reader-submitted question from Bryan in New York. He asks, “How many atoms are there on Earth?”

Whether purposefully or not, Bryan has asked a very difficult question, and one that is nearly impossible to answer exactly. But, thanks to science, we can estimate.

According to the US Department of Energy’s Jefferson Lab, the answer is:

That answer comes from an estimation of the number of atoms in each of Earth’s elements, like Iron, Oxygen, Silicon, Magnesium, Sulfur … etc. Adding them all together, we get a number that works as an estimate.

https://headsup.scoutlife.org/many-atoms-world/

I've worked it out...

Spoiler

606,452,444,894,314,876 earths.

Next time you shuffle a deck of cards, there's a pretty good chance, no-one will have ever had that specific combination before, or ever will again.

Edited by Waldo

Hmmm... :huh:

I'd say 52! (factorial) divided by that big number!

Am I correct? :confused:

1 minute ago, Mr Bloke said:

I'd say 52! (factorial) divided by that big number!

Am I correct? :confused:

Very correct Mr Bloke; I had a go with an online calculator for big numbers; answer is in previous post, in spoiler tags..

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Very correct Mr Bloke; I had a go with an online calculator for big numbers; answer is in previous post, in spoiler tags..

... so I'm not as daft as many people seem to think then? ;)

Also interesting (well, at least to me), 52! is even more than 2^256 (i.e. the number of possible private keys on the bitcoin network).

Apologies, the above was incorrect. I ran out of fingers and got it all wrong. Silly me!

Edited by Waldo

Any one got the winning combination of numbers for tonight's 'Set for Life' lottery draw?

19 hours ago, Waldo said:

Also interesting (well, at least to me), 52! is even more than 2^256 (i.e. the number of possible private keys on the bitcoin network).

Apologies, the above was incorrect. I ran out of fingers and got it all wrong. Silly me!

Never mind, it’s still a fairly big number.

23 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Any one got the winning combination of numbers for tonight's 'Set for Life' lottery draw?

I found one of them ☹️

Any one got the winning combination for tonight's  Euro lottery draw?