Things Sheffield Has That No Other City Has

On 27/10/2021 at 09:20, Annie Bynnol said:

Officially as it is a private building and you would need permission or reason for being there-  you should give the University a ring.

You can just walk in.

On 27/10/2021 at 09:20, Annie Bynnol said:

On 27/10/2021 at 13:09, MickeyDuff said:

Have just visited Leeds for the day and it made me realise what Sheffield has and that’s a crap city centre area, Leeds was packed, plenty of shops, quirky Arcades, a good market, a far better vibrant feel and a better family experience,  just a far better City centre to visit, relax and enjoy.

What has Sheffield got? Run down shops, rubbish market, groups of drug using down and outs, high street daytime stabbing, lots of beggars, large run down areas(old Market area) and a ever increasing immigrant population who seam to be contributing little. It’s not until you visit a decent City centre that you realise how run down the City centre is becoming, sorry to say.

People are going on about football teams and a road under the canal, yeh great. 

No science behind it but wouldn't be surprised if we have the most negative and miserable population of anywhere on earth. Glass half empty tastic.  A bit xenophobic too.

4 hours ago, philyyy said:

You can just walk in.

No science behind it but wouldn't be surprised if we have the most negative and miserable population of anywhere on earth. Glass half empty tastic.  A bit xenophobic too.

Not really, just seeing certain parts of the City centre degenerating, I take it you don’t go to the certain part of the City Centre to see what I mean? Old Market area/Sports Direct/Bankers Draft area.

Why focus on the obvious worse bits? Glass half empty. That area is probably next in line once Fargate has been sorted. Nowhere has everything sorted, degredation and regeneration move  around in cycles.  I do go down there by the way and it's not great but nothing to rule an entire city centre out for.

3 hours ago, philyyy said:

Why focus on the obvious worse bits? Glass half empty. That area is probably next in line once Fargate has been sorted. Nowhere has everything sorted, degredation and regeneration move  around in cycles.  I do go down there by the way and it's not great but nothing to rule an entire city centre out for.

Another incident/stabbing this morning at Fitzalen Square, this was once the so called “High St” hopefully it will get sorted one day, Probably.

2 minutes ago, MickeyDuff said:

Another incident/stabbing this morning at Fitzalen Square, this was once the so called “High St” hopefully it will get sorted one day, Probably.

If you mean the man that was found unconscious on Pond Street, he sadly died in hospital but the Police have said it wasn’t suspicious. 

15 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

If you mean the man that was found unconscious on Pond Street, he sadly died in hospital but the Police have said it wasn’t suspicious. 

I only seen the police cordon this morning with people saying another stab incident. But still sad that someone has lost their life in any circumstance, thoughts are with his family.

On 03/11/2021 at 11:03, MickeyDuff said:

With regards to my last post as Sheffield having a dying City Centre with basically No Go areas for the family, I see another high class retailer has decided to move onto the High St, “Glory Hole Golf” next door to The Bankers Draft, Sheffield residents must be so proud of the High Street with high class places like this, will be rivalling Kensington soon the way things are going

I'm all for trying to be upbeat and positive about Sheffield' but I agree having a "Glory Hole Golf" is really trashy and drags the city centre down into the gutter. I know that Nottingham City Centre has one, but just because they do, doesn't mean that Sheffield has to emulate the worst of other city centres.

24 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I'm all for trying to be upbeat and positive about Sheffield' but I agree having a "Glory Hole Golf" is really trashy and drags the city centre down into the gutter. I know that Nottingham City Centre has one, but just because they do, doesn't mean that Sheffield has to emulate the worst of other city centres.

Hmmm... :huh:

I agree, but I think the original plans were to have a Sheffield themed mini-golf, where each hole would celebrate a famous Sheffield landmark or achievement...

... until someone pointed out that there were 18 holes on a golf course! :(

On 04/11/2021 at 17:03, philyyy said:

You can just walk in.

And when challenged, straight out again as you are trespassing on private property.

Consider the people who work there should not have to worry about strangers in their workplace.

On 07/11/2021 at 17:28, Mister M said:

Our Beautiful City doesn't need it.

On 04/11/2021 at 15:37, St Petre said:

When did that start ? (or re-start).

Runs from Aldewarke to Stocksbridge and return a few times a week.

On 04/11/2021 at 15:37, St Petre said:

When did that start ? (or re-start).

It never stopped.