Things Sheffield Has That No Other City Has

On 26/10/2021 at 20:40, hackey lad said:

I would love to see this . Do you know if a member of the public could walk in for a look ?

I was there to attend an event 20 years ago. There was nothing to stop you back then, and you could go up to the roof!

On 26/10/2021 at 23:34, Jim Hardie said:

For now, it looks like.

(Halloween Special)

We have the only cemetery in Britain with an active railway line passing through it.

Wardsend Cemetery

Edited by Sacrebleu87

With regards to my last post as Sheffield having a dying City Centre with basically No Go areas for the family, I see another high class retailer has decided to move onto the High St, “Glory Hole Golf” next door to The Bankers Draft, Sheffield residents must be so proud of the High Street with high class places like this, will be rivalling Kensington soon the way things are going

What's wrong with that. There are lots of these indoor mini golf places around now.  Would you rather the building be left empty?

On 29/10/2021 at 06:42, Sacrebleu87 said:

(Halloween Special)

We have the only cemetery in Britain with an active railway line passing through it.

Wardsend Cemetery

When was the last time that that railway line was 'active' ? Especially the Neepsend/Owlerton parts.

5 hours ago, Zinger549 said:

What's wrong with that. There are lots of these indoor mini golf places around now.  Would you rather the building be left empty?

Nothing wrong with indoor golf, maybe a different name would help business, then again being next door to the Bankers Draft the name could be great for business, or at least getting people through the door.😂

8 minutes ago, MickeyDuff said:

Nothing wrong with indoor golf, maybe a different name would help business, then again being next door to the Bankers Draft the name could be great for business, or at least getting people through the door.😂

Hmmm... :huh:

If it's the same as the one in Nottingham here, I can't see many Bankers Draft customers paying £12 for a round of mini golf... :shakes:

3 hours ago, St Petre said:

When was the last time that that railway line was 'active' ? Especially the Neepsend/Owlerton parts.

Now.

Train arrived at Stocksbridge 1900 and departed at 1944, expected Woodburn Junction at 2010.

15 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

If it's the same as the one in Nottingham here, I can't see many Bankers Draft customers paying £12 for a round of mini golf... :shakes:

I can’t see many of them paying £12 for a round of drinks never mind a game of crazy golf

Atkinsons Department Store On The Moor

I’m sure it’s still family owned.  I love to browse round the old shop.  it’s an achievement when you look at how other department stores have closed over the years.  It can proudly sing Elton John’s song  “I’m Still Standing”.  

3 hours ago, hauxwell said:

Atkinsons Department Store On The Moor

I’m sure it’s still family owned.  I love to browse round the old shop.  it’s an achievement when you look at how other department stores have closed over the years.  It can proudly sing Elton John’s song  “I’m Still Standing”.  

There are still a few independent department stores around in other towns and cities.

19 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Now.

Train arrived at Stocksbridge 1900 and departed at 1944, expected Woodburn Junction at 2010.

When did that start ? (or re-start).