Sign in to follow this  

Asda 10k Road Race- 26 Sptember 2021

For general information/how to take part/the  route/road closures, see

https://www.runforall.com/events/10k/sheffield-10k/

The route is more or less as usual: Town Hall- Ecclesall Road- Rustlings Road- Graham Road- Riverdale Road- Endcliffe Vale Road- Brocco Bank- and back via Ecclesall Road.

[Yes, I know that the topic title lacks an 'e' but that's due to my poor typing; and I can no longer emend either (my typing and the title)!]

Edited by Jeffrey Shaw

Probably also worth noting that the half-marathon is on the same day, usual route up Ecclesall Rd, Ringinglow Rd, Sheephill Road, down to Dore, back along Ecclesall Rd.

Doing both on the same day? Thats a first. People will still moan about roads being shut though, despite plenty of notice and the event being on a Sunday morning.

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Doing both on the same day? Thats a first. People will still moan about roads being shut though, despite plenty of notice and the event being on a Sunday morning.

Undoubtedly.

I remember the scenes on this forum when the TdF came to town. Someone moaning like absolute fek that Foxhill would be "cut off from civilisation" for part of a Sunday despite months of notice, along with claims that ambulances would be stopped from getting to emergencies.

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I remember the scenes on this forum when the TdF came to town. Someone moaning like absolute fek that Foxhill would be "cut off from civilisation" for part of a Sunday despite months of notice, along with claims that ambulances would be stopped from getting to emergencies.

Hmmm... :huh:

But you know what's twice as bad?...

... people moaning about people moaning! :hihi:

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

I wasn't aware that Foxhill was part of civilisation.