The Law Of Attraction.

I am not convinced by the validity of his theories.

10 minutes ago, mikeG said:

I am not convinced by the validity of his theories.

I absolutely believe that your life and experiences are a direct reflection of your inner state of being, which is essentially what he is saying. 

Very interesting. 

It does explain quite a lot of things that I've wondered - like how is it that certain people attract certain people. For example I've watched and listened to on the radio people who are victims of domestic violence, often they subconsciously, and through their body language attract people who are controlling. Or why some people who have had bad experiences in the past struggle in the present with close relationships, and push people away.

The 'paradigm' he talks about can be things like core beliefs we have about ourselves or the world around us.

Edited by Mister M

There are the women who are attracted to bad men,  perhaps thinking they can change them,  then there are women who find controlling men attractive - at first,  and it can be a huge mistake as they can't get away,  putting themselves in danger.

Most couples seem to stick together for a lifetime,  sometimes through convenience and sometimes because they are compatible.

Living in separate houses would suit me,  one divorce is enough I couldn't go through another and am quite happy being single,  where money is concerned it could be complicated regarding the will.

Personally,  l'm looking for someone who would be quite at ease walking into the Dorchester!    😃

4 hours ago, HumbleNarrator said:

Is it a thing, or bunkum ?

The auther, Bob Proctor is an high school drop out. Youtube is full of people that sound convinving, but they are just Youtubers!

If myself or West 77 did a video on Youtube, would you think that we knew what we were talking about?

Edited by El Cid

42 minutes ago, El Cid said:

The auther, Bob Proctor is an high school drop out. Youtube is full of people that sound convinving, but they are just Youtubers!

If myself or West 77 did a video on Youtube, would you think that we knew what we were talking about?

How ignorant can you get?!

His story is well documented, he went from making 4000 a year in dead end jobs to 10000 a year by starting his own floor cleaning business. 

As for being a Youtuber, that's just a contemporary platform to use, for decades he did, and still does, seminars in front of audiences.

Edited by HumbleNarrator

50 minutes ago, El Cid said:

If you were making such claims, I would be curious, if the law of attraction had worked for you?

Always a bit suspect, people making claims of easy riches, when their own riches are coming from selling such ideas (book sales, courses, etc)…

Not saying the notion itself has no merit; I think there is value in continual focus on a goal; but needs clarity and action too!

Are you on YouTube btw?

Edited by Waldo

2 hours ago, cressida said:

There are the women who are attracted to bad men,  perhaps thinking they can change them,  then there are women who find controlling men attractive - at first,  and it can be a huge mistake as they can't get away,  putting themselves in danger.

Most couples seem to stick together for a lifetime,  sometimes through convenience and sometimes because they are compatible.

Living in separate houses would suit me,  one divorce is enough I couldn't go through another and am quite happy being single,  where money is concerned it could be complicated regarding the will.

Personally,  l'm looking for someone who would be quite at ease walking into the Dorchester!    😃

I would be at ease if you were paying the bill.  :thumbsup:  :hihi:

4 hours ago, HumbleNarrator said:

I absolutely believe that your life and experiences are a direct reflection of your inner state of being, which is essentially what he is saying. 

I'll watch the video later but I believe it's the other way round; your inner state of being is a direct reflection of your life and experiences.

2 hours ago, cressida said:

I never realised you were such a fan of Ilfracombe. :hihi:

29 minutes ago, Waldo said:

If you were making such claims, I would be curious, if the law of attraction had worked for you?

Always a bit suspect, people making claims of easy riches, when their own riches are coming from selling such ideas (book sales, courses, etc)…

Not saying the notion itself has no merit; I think there is value in continual focus on a goal; but needs clarity and action too!

Are you on YouTube btw?

Absolutely it needs clarity and action as well.

Ask the universe what you want, so to speak... think about and focus on it - a lot, and eventually it will present you with potential opportunities to get what you want, but it requires action from you to make it happen. You have to play the hand you are dealt.

There have been times in my life where I have put this in to action and it worked; I didn't realise at the time that that is what I was doing but looking back, what I wanted came about as a result of my visualisation of a specific thing, and  playing my cards right with the opportunities that presented themselves to me as, what I believe, was a direct  result of the visualisation.

Edited by HumbleNarrator