Christmas Dinner Delivered?

Hi,

Can anyone recommend somewhere that delivers cooked Christmas meals?

Many thanks,

Oakhouse appears to be a leader in this area, however I would suggest de turkey rathe than de liver.

sorry couldn’t resist that.

Are you looking for a delivery ON the day itself? If so I doubt you will find anywhere, just buy a few frozen turkeys dinners from Farmfoods.

Toby Carvery do do a delivery service but suspect they dont bother on Xmas Day.

Edited by HeHasRisen

Probably try your local pub first, not your local spit and sawdust type boozer, but one of the Toby Carvery, Hungry Horse, type eatery/pub style place. They'll be open and serving on the day, so one (or a few) more wouldn't hurt them. Wrapped in foil and either you collect, or if they're really nice delivered, or put in a taxi and delivered to you that way...obviously that's the most expensive.

Edited by Foot and Mouth

2 hours ago, Foot and Mouth said:

Probably try your local pub first, not your local spit and sawdust type boozer, but one of the Toby Carvery, Hungry Horse, type eatery/pub style place. They'll be open and serving on the day, so one (or a few) more wouldn't hurt them. Wrapped in foil and either you collect, or if they're really nice delivered, or put in a taxi and delivered to you that way...obviously that's the most expensive.

And hopefully the dinner remembers to get out once the taxi stops

Christmas dinner "Delivered"???? are you serious? why? you might as well have a curry and anywat=y how lazy do you have to be to not cook what is basically sunday lunch/ and yes i get it if you are on your own so buy a very small turkey do less veg and save whats left for other meals, turkey curry , turkey and ham pie, sandwiches etc etc.

47 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

Christmas dinner "Delivered"???? are you serious? why? you might as well have a curry and anywat=y how lazy do you have to be to not cook what is basically sunday lunch/ and yes i get it if you are on your own so buy a very small turkey do less veg and save whats left for other meals, turkey curry , turkey and ham pie, sandwiches etc etc.

Dont even have to buy a very small turkey, just buy a chicken breast instead, doesnt have to be turkey.

Some charities might do deliveries on the day for those in need.

But frozen meal might be another option. 

I lived on my own for three years prior to getting married. It sort of turned out that my main meal was after the pubs closed and was either an Uncle Sams, eaten in or a Chinese take away, eaten at my place or at any of a multitude of mate’s places. I did cook the occasional steak at home but never found cooking for myself a pleasure.

On 13/09/2021 at 12:06, Waldo said:

Hi,

Can anyone recommend somewhere that delivers cooked Christmas meals?

Many thanks,

Typical SF reply system in operation.

To a no doubt genuine question.

Could be for an elderly relative could be for a group of people or someone who would like to ensure they have a cooked meal Christmas day.

Google search reveals there are people offering Christmas day delivery.

Without having a proper look Wado I have no idea if you are looking for a single meal or for a group of people.

You would have to look further price wise and if any are in your area.

You could always take the advice already given.

'Frozen meals, Smaller sized Turkey, sliced meats, Bisto, & a tin of new potato's  from our ever helpful team of funsters.

Quite surprised no one has mentioned how nice ((and cheap) 'Gruel' is around the time of the  festive season. 🔔🔔

Keep save Waldo.🎅

He is going to be paying through the nose on Xmas Day, hence the alternative sensible suggestions, although yes if he is more specific about his circumstances, and tells us roughly where he is, maybe people could be more helpful.

Guest makapaka
7 hours ago, ab6262 said:

We’re having curry for Christmas dinner this time round.

finally got my own way this year - never liked traditional Christmas dinner,  don’t get the appeal.

Edited by makapaka