The Sheffield Tv Channel

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a bigger waste of a golden opportunity to promote the City than this ?

I agree and wonder what it costs and what we get out of it.

I tried to watch it but the programming just doesn't appeal.  It has the potential to be so much more.

Local TV on the whole is garbage, this isnt just confined to Sheffield. Most of them now just show stuff from other channels.

On 12/09/2021 at 20:29, Grabber said:

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a bigger waste of a golden opportunity to promote the City than this ?

Why would you use a TV channel of real interest only to locals to promote Sheffield?

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

Why would you use a TV channel of real interest only to locals to promote Sheffield?

Plus as far as I am aware its not actually broadcast on television outside South Yorkshire and North Derbyshire

I agree with most of the above.  I really can't see the point of the thing!  At it's best it seems bland and uninteresting and at it's worst looks like it has been cobbled together by a group of talentless hippies.

Hasn't  a Sheffield TV channel been tried before ? like mid-1970s.

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

What is it ? How do you see it ?

Its on Freeview ch. 7 and cable ch. 159, if your aeriel isnt pointing at Crosspool you may not get it on Freeview though. 

7 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Its on Freeview ch. 7 and cable ch. 159, if your aeriel isnt pointing at Crosspool you may not get it on Freeview though. 

Can you get it on Sky  ? , if so will have a look tomorrow . Thank you