Jump to content


Is Sheffield Forum Left Wing Biased

Is Sheffield forum left wing biased   

37 members have voted

  1. 1. Is Sheffield forum left wing biased

    • Yes
      10
    • No
      21
    • Definitely
      2
    • 50/50
      4


Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Yes folk have an annoying habit of dying, I now hate to meet someone that I have not seen for years, after the initial pleasure we both then inform each other of old pals that are no longer with us, that’s just death I suppose.

Same here. It's especially sad news when the person that you haven't seen for years has lost their wife or husband.  As you say folk have an annoying habit of dying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, West 77 said:

To be fair Halibut stopped posting months before the new ownership. I fear Halibut is no longer with us because he most certainly would have contributed after Donald Trump lost the US Presidential election. I hope Halibut is still alive and if as I suspect he's no longer with us, RIP

I think from previous contributions he made I gathered that he was young, in his 40s.

Some people stop posting on here for lots of reasons, they move on and have other things to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I think from previous contributions he made I gathered that he was young, in his 40s.

Some people stop posting on here for lots of reasons, they move on and have other things to do.

I seem to remember he stated he was a retired NHS worker which would make him much older than  a man in his 40's. I'm happy to learn  he was not a member of the discredited old moderating team now that Sibon has revealed he was part of the former moderating team. Were you or any of the Mister Men ever part of that discredited moderating team?

Edited by West 77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I seem to remember he stated he was a retired NHS worker which would make him much older than  a man in his 40's. I'm happy to learn  he was not a member of the discredited old moderating team now that Sibon has revealed he was part of the former moderating team. Were you or any of the Mister Men ever part of that discredited moderating team?

No I was never part of the moderating team.

Were you?

Was it discredited? I thought they did a very good job.

Edited by Mister M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I think from previous contributions he made I gathered that he was young, in his 40s.

Some people stop posting on here for lots of reasons, they move on and have other things to do.

I think that Halibut was in his mid to late fifties. I’m basing that mostly on his posts about music and culture.

 

I do hope that he’s just decided to stop posting, but it had occurred to me that there might be other reasons.

 

Cyclone did a similar thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sibon said:

I think that Halibut was in his mid to late fifties. I’m basing that mostly on his posts about music and culture.

 

I do hope that he’s just decided to stop posting, but it had occurred to me that there might be other reasons.

 

Cyclone did a similar thing.

I remember Cyclone - very sensible poster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I remember Cyclone - very sensible poster

 . . . who could start an argument in an empty room!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Joker said:

 . . . who could start an argument in an empty room!

or tell you to stand in the corner in a circular room

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Joker said:

 . . . who could start an argument in an empty room!

He certainly had plenty of keeping an argument going skills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reasons my interest in this forum has waned at times in the past are these. 1. Ridiculous over modding. 2. Snide condescending gits like Halibut. As far as I’m concerned good riddance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, sibon said:

You’ve been far more abusive than that in the past.

 

Maybe you’ve been scared into submission by snowflakes and their cancel culture.

You must try harder 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you guys noticed, some of the most argumentative forum members have had a minute, placed our knives back in their sheaths and thought good thoughts. Have I missed something in that this is now a regular forum event, which one of us will that be next I wonder?
 

🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

X