Is Sheffield Forum Left Wing Biased

Is Sheffield forum left wing biased   

56 members have voted

1. 1. Is Sheffield forum left wing biased

• Yes
    • No
    • Definitely
    • 50/50

Its amazing how anything you post on here pointing out the bad points of labour or far left people always descends into accusations of racism and discrimination I wonder how many things could have been sorted out over the last 20 years if the left had got into discussions Instead of automatically trying to shut people down with accusations this is the exact reason why I posted this poll and the answer is plain to see reading the comments keep digging that hole 

2 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Are you a fan of James Joyce?

No but I'm a fan of Joe Joyce never even heard of a James and I don't want to to be fair keep digging 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Conshefsky

9 hours ago, max said:

Surely the poll is wrongly worded, wouldn't it be better to have asked whether the contributors to this forum are left/right, etc.?

A forum cannot be biased, only the people.

Like I said the previous owners and mods were how can I put it the amount of blanket bans and direction was erm can think of the word  but the new owners have got of to a good start with the direction and ideas I'm just waiting for the old guard to start with the accusations tbf I'm sure they will pop up sooner or later 

On 23/09/2021 at 18:53, Carbuncle said:

Busted: your keyboard/ phone can do full stops.

No I just do it because I know it winds up the left gotcha!.....

10 minutes ago, Conshefsky said:

No but I'm a fan of Joe Joyce never even heard of a James and I don't want to to be fair keep digging 🤦‍♂️

One of the best known authors of the 20th century.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molly_Bloom#Soliloquy

"Molly's soliloquy consists of eight enormous "sentences". The concluding period following the final words of her reverie is one of only two punctuation marks in the chapter"

Guest sibon
57 minutes ago, Conshefsky said:

Big wow I  met the next king of England but I still treated him just like everyone else I judge people regardless of their background but I  can spot a person who uses race politics to further their goals and attempts to shut people down with race and discrimination accusations but the sad truth is those are the same people who have held back and are causing race relations to deteriorate give yourself a pat on the back well done you passed the small minded test with an A👍

Aww, you’re lovely.

Please shut up now. I’m watching my box set of Love Thy Neighbour. And I don’t want to be disturbed 

22 hours ago, sibon said:

Aww, you’re lovely.

Please shut up now. I’m watching my box set of Love Thy Neighbour. And I don’t want to be disturbed 

Hurt words touch box set I'm surprised you know how to use a DVD player of maybe it's your age and your still struggling to figure put 5he  vcr

23 hours ago, sibon said:

Aww, you’re lovely.

:hihi:

Guest sibon
1 hour ago, Conshefsky said:

Hurt words touch box set I'm surprised you know how to use a DVD player of maybe it's your age and your still struggling to figure put 5he  vcr

Doesn’t rhyme.

On 30/09/2021 at 23:28, sibon said:

Doesn’t rhyme.

It wasn't supposed to lol

I have an idea ear why don't we choose 10 people who are independent to read messages and replies and they can decide

5 hours ago, Conshefsky said:

It wasn't supposed to lol

I have an idea ear why don't we choose 10 people who are independent to read messages and replies and they can decide

You really are a bit dim aren't you, this is an open forum where people can post freely, there is no anti-right wing moderation as far as I can see.

Who hurt you?

Edited by HeHasRisen

How can a discussion forum be biased? It is the people posing the threads who have some question, point or agenda. People from any point of view can reply what they like, within the rules.

1 hour ago, Findlay said:

How can a discussion forum be biased? It is the people posing the threads who have some question, point or agenda. People from any point of view can reply what they like, within the rules.

The idea the forum has bias is a mixture of:

a) There are more active posters with one political ideology on the forum than there are others, so you see more X-leaning posts

b) The previous moderation team worked to the forum rules and then applied their own set of rules depending upon the moderator, the poster raising the complaint and the poster being complained about

I was once told that I couldn't link to an external site which exposed the names and addresses of the general public even if it was official and in the public domain - the external site was the Sheffield Council building planning application site, which by design has the names of the people putting forward their planning applications and the names of those supporting or arguing against an application. That's the level of moderation and poor understanding of how the Internet works that the forum used to suffer from, and lead me to believe that the previous moderation team didn't really grasp what was going on and would happily just do what posters they liked told them to do.

Just now, the_bloke said:

I was once told that I couldn't link to an external site which exposed the names and addresses of the general public even if it was official and in the public domain - the external site was the Sheffield Council building planning application site, which by design has the names of the people putting forward their planning applications and the names of those supporting or arguing against an application. That's the level of moderation and poor understanding of how the Internet works that the forum used to suffer from, and lead me to believe that the previous moderation team didn't really grasp what was going on and would happily just do what posters they liked told them to do.

That anything to do with left or right wing though - thats just a case of the old mob being a bunch of power hungry numpties.