Is Sheffield forum left wing biased   

56 members have voted

1. 1. Is Sheffield forum left wing biased

• Yes
    • No
    • Definitely
    • 50/50

13 hours ago, Jim117 said:

My perception is that the forum does have a left leaning bias. That said it just may be that the people who have left wing views are just more frequent posters, I don’t know. It doesn’t really matter to me as I am happy and interested to talk to people with different backgrounds and opinions to my own and I am open to having an opinion changed if a debate is convincing enough. Also I think we’re all happy not to be modded to death anymore but it doesn’t need to descend into Lord of the Flies territory. No need for name calling in a rational discussion. I’m not into football but a mate coaches a kids team and often uses a saying that should be applicable here. Play the ball, not the man.

Interesting, because I think it has a right wing bias! 

But I did vote No, because I realise I'm probably over sensitive to right wing stuff. Actually I think there's probably a fairly good balance.

I agree happily with the rest of your post. It's the different viewpoints which energise the forum and keep it interesting. A good poster uses intelligent argument and should never need to resort to personal insults.

Edited by Anna B

7 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Interesting, because I think it has a right wing bias! 

But I did vote No, because I realise I'm probably over sensitive to right wing stuff. Actually I think there's probably a fairly good balance.

I agree happily with the rest of your post. It's the different viewpoints which energise the forum and keep it interesting. A good poster uses intelligent argument and should never need to resort to personal insults.

Hmmm... :huh:

By that definition, you can count the number of 'good' posters on here on the fingers of a woolly mitten... :roll:

Guest sibon
27 minutes ago, retep said:

The poll shows it is.

Your calculator is borken 

23 hours ago, retep said:

The poll proves nothing because if there are a lot more left wingers on then naturally they will say it's not left wing biased and hence that's what the poll will show, and vice versa.

Had to add to add a bit there retep cos for some reason it removed your post.

Edited by spilldig
reteps reply was removed

I stopped doing the right wing/left wing thing a while ago. I’ve been in the company of members of the aristocracy and tried my best not to consider them superior to me, conversally I have been in the company of rough sleepers and done my best not to make them think that I was their equal.

This ‘which wing’ thing is snobbery at it’s very worst, I don’t see Labour as being a product of the working classes any more than I consider Conservatism as being something to aspire to. As for this forum, it contains members that I consider to be likeable along with members that I consider to be not of my liking, but not because of their political affiliations, that’s just life.

On 23/09/2021 at 23:31, makapaka said:

I ran out of breath reading that.

sounds a bit like a right wing rant.  

but you posted it - and it’s on here - so you can’t really say your views aren’t represented.

Right wing rant well your not very good at distinguishing character from messages my stepdad is Pakistani Muslim and my best friends French Guyanan #fail

Edited by Conshefsky

Guest sibon
2 minutes ago, Conshefsky said:

Right wing rant well your not very good at distinguishing character from messages my stepdad is Pakistani Muslim and my best friends French Guyanan #fail

My best friend went to Eton.

Stick  that one in your confused pipe.

11 hours ago, sibon said:

Did his best friend also attend Eton?  😉

Surely the poll is wrongly worded, wouldn't it be better to have asked whether the contributors to this forum are left/right, etc.?

A forum cannot be biased, only the people.

Edited by max

21 hours ago, sibon said:

Big wow I  met the next king of England but I still treated him just like everyone else I judge people regardless of their background but I  can spot a person who uses race politics to further their goals and attempts to shut people down with race and discrimination accusations but the sad truth is those are the same people who have held back and are causing race relations to deteriorate give yourself a pat on the back well done you passed the small minded test with an A👍

4 minutes ago, Conshefsky said:

Big wow I  met the next king of England but I still treated him just like everyone else I judge people regardless of their background but I  can spot a person who uses race politics to further their goals and attempts to shut people down with race and discrimination accusations but the sad truth is those are the same people who have held back and are causing race relations to deteriorate give yourself a pat on the back well done you passed the small minded test with an A👍

Are you a fan of James Joyce?