Is Sheffield forum left wing biased   

56 members have voted

1. 1. Is Sheffield forum left wing biased

• Yes
    • No
    • Definitely
    • 50/50

17 hours ago, Longcol said:

He last posted in August 2020 - I think the old mods were still around until Nov 20 at least - and recall him getting a number of one / three month bans under the old regime.

I remember Halibut himself claiming that he got banned a few times, and I'm sure he did, in his early days on the forum, but I sparred with Halibut for a good 6 or so years, and not once did I ever notice his avatar picture missing, which was a sign that you were on a ban. The guy became untouchable under last regime.

42 minutes ago, sibon said:

Feel better now?

I'm confused, I thought snowflakes had to be lefties born since the turn of the millennium.

17 hours ago, sibon said:

What protection did he have?

And what has it been replaced with?

He simply got away with things that others didn't. He was looked after on here. 

4 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

I remember Halibut himself claiming that he got banned a few times, and I'm sure he did, in his early days on the forum, but I sparred with Halibut for a good 6 or so years, and not once did I ever notice his avatar picture missing, which was a sign that you were on a ban. The guy became untouchable under last regime.

I remember Halibut being on a couple of 'enforced holidays' 

Guest sibon
1 hour ago, Mister M said:

I remember Halibut being on a couple of 'enforced holidays' 

I don’t recall him getting any special treatment when I was part of the moderating team. 

6 minutes ago, sibon said:

I don’t recall him getting any special treatment when I was part of the moderating team. 

Hmmm... :huh:

Maybe he was treated 'fairly' by the moderating team then...

... and it was everyone else who had a different opinion to him that was given the 'special treatment' ? ;)

1 hour ago, HumbleNarrator said:

Yet you only joined in July :D

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

Yet you only joined in July :D

LOL. Just the other day I freely admitted on here that I've used this forum on and off under different usernames since 2005.

19 minutes ago, sibon said:

No I don't either.

12 minutes ago, West 77 said:

To be fair Halibut stopped posting months before the new ownership. I fear Halibut is no longer with us because he most certainly would have contributed after Donald Trump lost the US Presidential election. I hope Halibut is still alive and if as I suspect he's no longer with us, RIP

Yes folk have an annoying habit of dying, I now hate to meet someone that I have not seen for years, after the initial pleasure we both then inform each other of old pals that are no longer with us, that’s just death I suppose.

Edited by crookesey

35 minutes ago, West 77 said:

To be fair Halibut stopped posting months before the new ownership. I fear Halibut is no longer with us because he most certainly would have contributed after Donald Trump lost the US Presidential election. I hope Halibut is still alive and if as I suspect he's no longer with us, RIP

I think from previous contributions he made I gathered that he was young, in his 40s.

Some people stop posting on here for lots of reasons, they move on and have other things to do.

4 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I seem to remember he stated he was a retired NHS worker which would make him much older than  a man in his 40's. I'm happy to learn  he was not a member of the discredited old moderating team now that Sibon has revealed he was part of the former moderating team. Were you or any of the Mister Men ever part of that discredited moderating team?

No I was never part of the moderating team.

Were you?

Was it discredited? I thought they did a very good job.

Edited by Mister M