How Much Has Sheffield Being A City Of Sanctuary Cost Sheffield Tax Payers

I was just wondering we all know Sheffield is way behind Leeds Manchester Birmingham and other big cities in the UK. So I'm just wondering how much money it has cost Sheffield being a city of sanctuary and how would Sheffield have progressed had that money been spent on services and local neglected areas in need of regeneration be it housing parks mental health services transport that matter to people who have lived here for generations and paid ther taxes hopping things would improve by the way I don't do punctuality because I know it winds the snowflake up 

Do you expect an answer?

Edited by crookesey

Heaven forbid the OP makes a Freedom of Information request and finds the answer out 🤷‍♂️

11 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Heaven forbid the OP makes a Freedom of Information request and finds the answer out 🤷‍♂️

Would be worth seeing the OPs reaction though. 😄

I'm betting that the council will get an allowance from the government for each asylum seeker they take on. 

2 hours ago, Conshefsky said:

I was just wondering we all know Sheffield is way behind Leeds Manchester Birmingham and other big cities in the UK. So I'm just wondering how much money it has cost Sheffield being a city of sanctuary and how would Sheffield have progressed had that money been spent on services and local neglected areas in need of regeneration be it housing parks mental health services transport that matter to people who have lived here for generations and paid ther taxes hopping things would improve by the way I don't do punctuality because I know it winds the snowflake up 

I would suggest to start with relaxing and calming down. Looking at the world around you comparing its sizes and developments or financial value will more likely make you feel stressed than happy.

There are many ways and techniques to find happiness and freedom in life again, you will not find or understand this when thinking that progress has a financial value.

Did you know that UK and Sheffield are only a very small spot in this universe. No matter how much energy you throw at Sheffield, if its done while being stressed and worried even about one little reaction from snowflake it will not help no matter what you do. 

Find your own centre deep within and then witness the world and its places around again.

Edited by dutch

2 hours ago, Conshefsky said:

I was just wondering we all know Sheffield is way behind Leeds Manchester Birmingham and other big cities in the UK.

The reason we're so far behind other cities is because we've had an incompetent city council since . . . at least the 1990s.

Well before we became a City of Sanctuary.

And Thatcher.

Yes, I still blame Thatcher for closing down all the steelworks.

Don't you just love people who are so self centered.

Perhaps Conshefsky should   go and live in Afghanistan for a while or visit Somalia and Eritrea

14 minutes ago, The Joker said:

The reason we're so far behind other cities is because we've had an incompetent city council since . . . at least the 1990s.

Well before we became a City of Sanctuary.

And Thatcher.

Yes, I still blame Thatcher for closing down all the steelworks.

Thatcher has left her body 8 april 2013. I see Sheffield the way it is today and do not have any capacity to forecast its future. 

If people would focus on the politicians we have today they could make better decisions but this culture prefers to look backwards and complain and blame old dead ones instead of focussing on the real needs of today.

Politicians give many lies to fool you and get your votes then do whatever they want here. There is an official law that makes it illegal for car sales people to lie to customers but politicians can do it legally.

Only when waking up and looking at its present needs. Not crying about the past or begging for some hopeful dream future can they see who is taking them for a ride and who will make sincere effort for improvements again.

In the past history religion ruled society. This was a belief system. Todays politics are as much a belief system with false promises, hopes, and using fear to fool you all over again.

A voter can simply wake up and open their eyes if they want to of course. Thatcher yesterday and Boris today are just their puppets and do not help in any way to make Sheffield a better place. They will only make it better for themselves but this is not their fault, they did get the sleeping dreaming voters permission.

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

I'm betting that the council will get an allowance from the government for each asylum seeker they take on. 

Middlesbrough takes more asylum seekers than anywhere in the UK.  Middlesbrough aren't blessed with an over abundance of council services.

1 hour ago, dutch said:

Thatcher has left her body 8 april 2013. I see Sheffield the way it is today and do not have any capacity to forecast its future. 

If people would focus on the politicians we have today they could make better decisions but this culture prefers to look backwards and complain and blame old dead ones instead of focussing on the real needs of today.

Politicians give many lies to fool you and get your votes then do whatever they want here. There is an official law that makes it illegal for car sales people to lie to customers but politicians can do it legally.

Only when waking up and looking at its present needs. Not crying about the past or begging for some hopeful dream future can they see who is taking them for a ride and who will make sincere effort for improvements again.

In the past history religion ruled society. This was a belief system. Todays politics are as much a belief system with false promises, hopes, and using fear to fool you all over again.

A voter can simply wake up and open their eyes if they want to of course. Thatcher yesterday and Boris today are just their puppets and do not help in any way to make Sheffield a better place. They will only make it better for themselves but this is not their fault, they did get the sleeping dreaming voters permission.

Excellent post, once again the ‘grey suits’ that cannot be named do their worst and pass on the blame.

9 hours ago, Conshefsky said:

More importantly, can it be measured in fractions of a big red bus lie