Rock Bar

What has happened to the Yorkshireman Rock Bar on Cross Burgess Street.

The road is now closed and looks like a construction site.

Where is Les.

5 minutes ago, GreenTea said:

Rock Bar

What has happened to the Yorkshireman Rock Bar on Cross Burgess Street.

The road is now closed and looks like a construction site.

Where is Les.

Closed down because the coop next door was extended into half the pub. More than likely won't be coming back. 

There is a Co-Op on Cross Burgess Street? Where?

55 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

There is a Co-Op on Cross Burgess Street? Where?

Quoted from the pubs facebook

As alot of you have heard already, the Yorkshireman will not be reopening after the lockdown is over. This is not due to the management or staff or money issues, it is because the council are doing major building work next door and demolishing then rebuilding the old co-op. Unfortunately  this involves a scaffold through our dancefloor and dj booth, and may compromise the structural  integrity of the Yorkshireman :(

We are on the lookout for a new venue, so please keep this page if you are interested in seeing where we land! Personally, until we find something I will be at the Dove and Rainbow with Dawn for the time being, much thanks to her for that and I may be moving certain nights of ours down there, depending on compatibility.

Its a sad day, and this is probably the actual end of the Yorkshiremen rock bar, but best wishes to you all, and I will see you soon. Thank you so much to the team who have worked there, everyone whos been there over the years has made it an amazing experience and worked really hard, and thank you to all our loyal customers, much love!

John x

Ah the OLD Co-Op, i thought you wefe referring to an existing branch.

Dj les does rock nights at the red lion on Chesterfield Road last I saw.