Doctors And Surgeries Getting Lazy.

3 hours ago, LovePotion said:

If you think there really is a pandemic then you are part of the problem. Wake up and see what is going on here.

So, let's see then. On the one hand, almost every health professional in the world is saying that it's a pandemic. On the other hand, some person on an internet forum has just told me it isn't.  So who should I believe? Tricky....

1 hour ago, LovePotion said:

Don't say I didn't try and warn you.

But you haven't warned me about anything.

Not seen a G.P face to face since March 2020 I have seen by nurses quite a few times for Bloods and Diabetes checks etc.

During the pandemic, I've had a number of G.P phone consultations, I've a complex medical history wth various conditions. I've preferred these and the G.Ps haven't  been shy on referring me to the hospitals when  they've deemed necessary to do so.

In June whilst discussing routine blood results, I happened to mention I'd had a headache and vision issues at the weekend, and  that it had sorted itself out, this was 4 days earlier, the G.P wanted to refer me for a test, within an hour I had a call from neurology to attend the Hallamshire  5 hours later confirmed with a Blood clot in the brain.

I'm almost fully ok now and taking meds to prevent further episodes, 

since then, I've had dozens of Hospital visits for repeated tests ranging from MRI, CT, Cardiograms, 72hrECGs, Cameras Top and Bottom, checks for Blood Cancers, bubble study,  a check for a hole in the heart, next month I'm having MRI with contrast again for kidneys.

All staff at  my G.P and Hospitals have all been friendly and stayed positive throughout, my experiences may not tally with others, but for me the NHS staff have been fantastic throughout.

just rang today 22 in que, something going on, major crisis?

"since then, I've had dozens of Hospital visits for repeated tests ranging from MRI, CT, Cardiograms, 72hrECGs, Cameras Top and Bottom, checks for Blood Cancers, bubble study,  a check for a hole in the heart, next month I'm having MRI with contrast again for kidneys."

You must have good medics, i have had severe chronic illness for 30 years, and had only couple of those listed.

On 18/10/2021 at 20:51, LovePotion said:

Don't say I didn't try and warn you.

Love Potion Number 9, you are the one who needs to wake up, have you been watching too many David Icke or "Ick" as I call him videos lately ?

There really is a pandemic ... but I guess unless you know someone who has actually died of it, it never brings it home to you ... and it is instead as non-real to you as the real ness of the anti-vax theories that you no doubt follow avidly on social media 😞

Edited by GinTreeS7

I can only say I have been incredibly lucky compared to many people. In the last 6 months I have seen my gp, surgery nurse practitioners, hospital department consultants and nurses including audiology, ophthalmology, dermatology and others. In every case the care and treatment has been exemplary. I have the highest regard for all the fantastic people at RHH, thank you to all of you.