Doctors And Surgeries Getting Lazy.

1 minute ago, Anna B said:

According to an article in today's paper, people are under the misapprehension that GP's surgeries are all part of the NHS but they're not. They are all small private businesses. And they are being bought up en masse by American conglomerates.

You can, of course, prove this?

Our surgery at Burncross Is absolute disgrace , proscriptions not processed , 40 or 50 mins waiting for a phone answer , wrong hospital referrals and so on , And yet we still get the excuses printed in the Star  on a weekly basis . If you can pay you will be sorted within the hour .

It will - although the initial source isn't one I personally trust - if I find some time tomorrow, I may investigate further.

On 11/09/2021 at 20:19, Anna B said:

According to an article in today's paper, people are under the misapprehension that GP's surgeries are all part of the NHS but they're not. They are all small private businesses. And they are being bought up en masse by American conglomerates.

This explains an awful lot and is a worrying development. American powers-that-be (not most  regular Americans) treat healthcare as a privilege rather than a right.

On 12/09/2021 at 20:30, HumbleNarrator said:

This explains an awful lot and is a worrying development. American powers-that-be (not most  regular Americans) treat healthcare as a privilege rather than a right.

I thought according to the Tories, our NHS was 'not on the table' and 'safe in their hands.'

Apparently not. Just more lies.

The NHS has never been in such a mess. Nothing to do with the pandemic. This mess precedes the pandemic by a mile.

I think some people need to think on a bit,  a surgery going back to normal is not like a pub going back to normal.  :hihi:

21 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I thought according to the Tories, our NHS was 'not on the table' and 'safe in their hands.'

Apparently not. Just more lies.

The NHS has never been in such a mess. Nothing to do with the pandemic. This mess precedes the pandemic by a mile.

Not lies. GP's were privatised many years ago. This is just one company (an american one) buying another (UK based one). Service will undoubtedly get worse though from what I have read about the American company.

I got doctors appt in one months time and Gp is just going to phone me!!!!

22 hours ago, markfor said:

I got doctors appt in one months time and Gp is just going to phone me!!!!

This is being done very deliberately to frustrate you into buying  private health insurance.

20 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

This is being done very deliberately to frustrate you into buying  private health insurance.

Bang on if you can pay you will be seen within the hour , I wonder if the Royals etc are left waiting on the phone for hours on end or referred to a walk in centre or simply ignored .

2 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Bang on if you can pay you will be seen within the hour , I wonder if the Royals etc are left waiting on the phone for hours on end or referred to a walk in centre or simply ignored .

The private healthcare sector is as efficient as it is because relatively few people (in comparison to how many millions of people pass through the NHS) use it.