Emma Raducanu. How To Watch The Final?

On 11/09/2021 at 22:20, Padders said:

COME ON EMMA

On 11/09/2021 at 22:49, Mr Fisk said:

Media going crazy and now she's the darling of Britain...born in Canada,  to  Romanian and Chinese parents- but you know how its like, UK loves to make 'British' if it suits the agenda. 

In our house Andy Murray  is Scottish when he loses and British when he wins.

Edited by HumbleNarrator

Fantastic achievement for any player, never mind an 18 year old.

Might as well start engraving that "Sports Personality of the Year" award now.
(But what a tedious programme that's become over the years!)

Born in Canada,Rumanian dad,Chinese mum,will she win international sports person of the year as well as British sports personality of the year.

Edited by ukdobby

14 hours ago, ukdobby said:

Born in Canada,Rumanian dad,Chinese mum,will she win international sports person of the year as well as British sports personality of the year.

No.

Why are people having real problems with the fact she is BRITISH. Lived in BRITAIN since the age of two, so for roughly 90% of her life.  Holds a BRITISH passport. Speaks ENGLISH. Went through the BRITISH school system. Went through the BRITISH tennis system. Listed as BRITISH on the WTA website and was stated as BRITISH on the on screen captions.

Edited by HeHasRisen

4 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

No.

Why are people having real problems with the fact she is BRITISH. Lived in BRITAIN since the age of two, so for roughly 90% of her life.  Holds a BRITISH passport. Speaks ENGLISH. Went through the BRITISH school system. Went through the BRITISH tennis system. Listed as BRITISH on the WTA website and was stated as BRITISH on the on screen captions.

No problem at all,does speaking English doesn't make her British,know loads people who do but they're not British.

Just now, ukdobby said:

No problem at all,does speaking English doesn't make her British,know loads people who do but they're not British.

Not in isolation, no. Did you not read the rest of my post then?

My initial rant wasnt specifically aimed at you btw, its just amused me the last 48 hours to see people proclaiming she is Canadian, despite having lived here since the age of 2 , and holding British nationality and a British passport.

Edited by HeHasRisen

She is British,my jest was with all the nationality in her she could win the international award too.

Edited by ukdobby

3 hours ago, HumbleNarrator said:

I'm really holding back here!

My ex girlfriend had a bit of Irish in her , thats why shes my ex 

On 12/09/2021 at 14:47, Jim Hardie said:

There’s been plenty mention of her background so that one doesn’t fly.

Mo Farah received a richly deserved knighthood, What more do you want?

Here’s a tip. If you don’t like the way Wikipedia is worded go on there and change it.

It's not just Wiki, heard enough from various media channels about Mo's ethnicity when he was bagging 2 golds at London Olympics.

My point was, Emma's background hasn't been highlighted as strongly- may be more to do with how she fits the 'ideal' marketing face.

There are many coloured ppl of great sporting achievements,but rarely have had such publicity as Emma Raducanu has had in such short period.

Don't have to worry about the current comp final,she lost in the 1st round.

6-0 6-1 in current competition.