Emma Raducanu. How To Watch The Final?

Looks like most of the American crowd are supporting the Canadian! Grr! Stuff them all, stupid Americans, I'm fully Team Emma!

2 hours ago, Padders said:

Can't wait for it Pat,

She is sensational.

Media going crazy and now she's the darling of Britain...born in Canada,  to  Romanian and Chinese parents- but you know how its like, UK loves to make 'British' if it suits the agenda. 

23 minutes ago, Mr Fisk said:

Media going crazy and now she's the darling of Britain...born in Canada,  to  Romanian and Chinese parents- but you know how its like, UK loves to make 'British' if it suits the agenda. 

Not everyone hates their own country.

Well done our Emma! Super impressive performance, so pleased for her!

Watched it, thoroughly enjoyed it. Of course it was the right result, even though the majoritty of the crowd were against her in favour of tthe Canadian Fernandez, who was also like a spoilt young brat when Emma legitamately took a time out due to a blood injury. Hope she builds on it.

10 minutes ago, Foot and Mouth said:

Watched it, thoroughly enjoyed it. Of course it was the right result, even though the majoritty of the crowd were against her in favour of tthe Canadian Fernandez, who was also like a spoilt young brat when Emma legitamately took a time out due to a blood injury. Hope she builds on it.

To my mind, she came across as somewhat divisive. As you point out, arguing with the official, and in front on Emma! Also what she said after the match relating to 9/11, I was left wondering, was that heart-felt or an attempt to ingratiate herself to the NY crowd?

I'm perhaps being unfair though, I'm not inside her head; and I'm completely biased in favour of Emma; especially as she didn't have the same level of support from the crowd.

15 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Not everyone hates their own country.

Think you totally missed my point..

Tell you what,  Google Mo Farah and then Google Emma Raducanu.

Save you bit of time, Wikipedia has Mo Farah description as "Somali born British long distance runner"

On Emma Raducanu  Wikipedia starts of with "Is a British tennis player"

Both are born in a foreign country,- now you see the point.

If Emma R was black, may be spotlight might have been different- perhaps she just happens to be the 'right colour ' so no mention of her immigrant parents and bkground.

No criticism on Emma R, good luck to her, but jeez, I hate hypocrisy.

11 minutes ago, Mr Fisk said:

Think you totally missed my point..

Tell you what,  Google Mo Farah and then Google Emma Raducanu.

Save you bit of time, Wikipedia has Mo Farah description as "Somali born British long distance runner"

On Emma Raducanu  Wikipedia starts of with "Is a British tennis player"

Both are born in a foreign country,- now you see the point.

If Emma R was black, may be spotlight might have been different- perhaps she just happens to be the 'right colour ' so no mention of her immigrant parents and bkground.

No criticism on Emma R, good luck to her, but jeez, I hate hypocrisy.

There’s been plenty mention of her background so that one doesn’t fly.

Mo Farah received a richly deserved knighthood, What more do you want?

Here’s a tip. If you don’t like the way Wikipedia is worded go on there and change it.

Don’t get it, not sure I see Mr Fisk’s point at all.

I can’t see that Mo or Emma’s background or ethnicity makes a jot of difference to anything. I would think most people, like myself, simply admire their dedication, hard work, commitment, values, character etc.

Remarkable achievement to win without dropping a set,well done.

Got to add since she won it the talks not what she'll win next but how much money she'll make out of it.

Edited by ukdobby

16 hours ago, ukdobby said:

Remarkable achievement to win without dropping a set,well done.

Got to add since she won it the talks not what she'll win next but how much money she'll make out of it.

Ignoring the endorsements, within tennis she will now have direct entry to every Grand Slam and top level tennis event for at least a year, and has no ranking points to defend.