Make Or Break For Brewster

He's done nothing since arriving, but a few things may line up for him now.

Morgan Gibbs White has arrived and he knows Brewster very, very well. They've come through the ranks together, they've played with eachother and they know how one and other player. We can only hope that MGW playing attacking midfield will ignite our slacking striker.

He's scored tonight for the u21's....having made and converted the penalty.

Double figures is all that is acceptable, anything less and he's a failure... quite simple really. He's young and needs to mature, but he won't find a better opportunity than under an attacking minded Gaffer like the one we have.

Edited by cmonkes

yes i agree he needs to take his chance NOW!!!!!

Totally agree.  I think that the manager has had a few games to assess tactics, shape, and a first look at personnel.  I think (and hope) that he'll stick with a back 3 and wing-backs from now on. 

If so, that leaves two holding midfielders (from Berge, Norwood, Fleck presumably), a link man (Gibbs-White or McGoldrick) and 2 strikers (from Sharp, McBernie, Mousset, Burke, Brewster).

Before anybody asks why I've not counted Goldie as a forward, I've seen him play up top and he always disappears into midfield, leaving us for most of the match with a lone striker.  He's a good, hard working player, but better linking from midfield in my opinion.

If after 2 years he's not up and running will he ever be?

A goal against a weakened side in the League Cup, and a penalty.  

Maybe wait until he scores a goal or two in open play against a full strength league side before you get excited? Heavens to betsy.

He's no excuse this season unless your midfield continue to play pap. For 20 odd million you'd expect him to be able to knock a few in. Probably have to just rely on Sharp to bag the goals though

I honestly thought Brewster would be a good signing (although vastly overpriced) he had a great loan spell at Swansea in the Championship, admittedly he'd not had much (any) Prem experience but you would have thought he'd be banging them in this season.

I have many a dig at United and despite being skint I think if they are patient with the manager he'll have them there or thereabouts in May.

1 hour ago, top4718 said:

I have many a dig at United and despite being skint I think if they are patient with the manager he'll have them there or thereabouts in May.

You being skint will make no difference.

I hope your financial situation gets better for you.

9 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

A goal against a weakened side in the League Cup, and a penalty.  

Maybe wait until he scores a goal or two in open play against a full strength league side before you get excited? Heavens to betsy.

You mean like the 10 that he banged away for Swansea, a ratio of 1 every 2 games against as you put it..... full strength league sides?

He obviously has ability, he just hasn't shown it for us yet. That little loan spell and goal ratio being the reason we wanted him in the first place, just a shame Liverpool had our pants down with the price.

1 hour ago, cmonkes said:

You mean like the 10 that he banged away for Swansea, a ratio of 1 every 2 games against as you put it..... full strength league sides?

He obviously has ability, he just hasn't shown it for us yet. That little loan spell and goal ratio being the reason we wanted him in the first place, just a shame Liverpool had our pants down with the price.

He hasn't shown it yet!after 2 years,how long to going to wait?

1 minute ago, ukdobby said:

He hasn't shown it yet!after 2 years,how long to going to wait?

So basically you repeat what u have just tole you above and in turn pretty much sum up what my thread even says.... its now or never.

But thanks for taking the time to quote me 🤣🤣

So how long are you going to give him,you don't say it,