Sheffield in the 80s

anyone remember K & D records ?

The limit is sadly missed, did anyone else go?

The Limit was far & away the best club in town in the 80's. I was gutted when it was closed down. Fantastic music & cheap ale. Heaven!! I can remember going to the Top Rank on Saturday nights & it was called Saturdays( original name )& you needed to be a member to get in

I'm starting to feel old!

I remember Violet Mays and Record Collector (Still There)

Limit was good, once got thrown out for stamping on a plastic glass :D

God those bouncer were tough nuts, straight out the back doors before I knew what day it was, I landed somewhere near Trippet Lane with a sore head.

Anybody remember Blue Bell

Blue Bell or was it the Old Blue Bell - High Street ?

Yes thats the one, it used to get packed in there, round the corner to the Dove and Rainbow and then up to the Golden Ball, oh those were the days

Yeah and if I remember correctly Radio Hallam was above the Dove and Rainbow.

Originally posted by "mikey"

Yes thats the one, it used to get packed in there, round the corner to the Dove and Rainbow and then up to the Golden Ball, oh t :arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow: hose were the days

Yes used to go in crazy daisy also Baileys& annabells thats before it was romeo's & julliet's show ing my age now. Do you remember Tiffanny's on London road ?

Yeah errol, Tiffanys (Tree Tops upstairs), that was back in the 70s as was Baileys.Tiffanys then became The Locarno in the 80s, remember the (now demolished) Lansdowne pub across the road ?

Hi Jon , Yes i do remember the record boothes in the co-op as i worked there and used to go in my lunch break and listen to GOOD music !!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Yes remember lansdowne pub where all the united fans went and there were alwaya fighting