Sheffield in the 80s

I'm too young to remember the 70s, so this is for those other 80s children in here.

Who remembers summers in the paddeling pool at Millhouses Park? Remember going "down town" on a Saturday to buy new shoes, in a world before Meadowhall? Remember getting on the bus and only paying 5p?

Remember the subways and the Hole in the Road?

2p wasn't it or was that in thw 70's

I remember going into town ever Saturday to drink cider bought in the Safeway across from the peace gardens with all my mates we were into heavy metal and wore leathers all had long hair waiting for the mods (yes there was mods in the 80's) to come into the peace gardens...after a bit of name calling it would end in a punch up until the police would come and we would all run :D good days lol

didn't it cost 2p to make a phone call in the 80's from a public phone box?

Yes it did cost 2p for phone call, I used to be a rocker around this time and I used to drink Colt 45 (disgusting stuff)

did u go to bradleys records to buy your iron maiden singles in red vinyl :wink:

Yeah I got a Judas Priest single on clear vinyl from there.

Do you remeber the record shop on Chapel walk, downstairs thay had the booths were you could listen to the albums and singles before you bought them.

Used to go to loads of gigs at the city hall, once dropped down from the balcony to the stalls, just so I could get to the front. God that was a long drop down, my knees will be shot in a few more years

Do you remember going into the record department in the co op you could listen to music b4 you bought it there...

and the Virgin shop was a lil tiny shop on the moor full of hippies all taking drugs and stuff lol...

i remember the shop on chapel walk very well :)

and what about the dodgily painted record shop with corrigated iron tunnel in the middle which was opposite Coles in Barkers Pool.

do u mean rocky horror?

Little Chef ate them all up. :D