Triple Lock Pension Rise Stopped This Year.

Is it an act? Are they ill and unable to work etc?

Basically you don't know, but have made a judgement that they are scroungers or screwing the system, without the full picture and want us to do the same. 

As for being able to afford pensions. UK pensions are amongst the lowest in Europe, yet our cost of living is one of the highest. Governments can afford whatever they say they can afford; Bombs, wars, HS2, vanity projects, and waste in abundance.....etc etc etc

Edited by Anna B

10 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Basically you don't know, but have made a judgement that they are scroungers or screwing the system, without the full picture and want us to do the same. 

As for being able to afford pensions. UK pensions are amongst the lowest in Europe, yet our cost of living is one of the highest. Governments can afford whatever they say they can afford; Bombs, wars, HS2, vanity projects, and waste in abundance.....etc etc etc

Irrespective of the party in power.

11 hours ago, Anna B said:

As I expected your red head has worked it all out without even having met them. This county must be a haven for the work shy or many from other countries wouldn’t risk the lives of themselves and their families to get here.

10 minutes ago, crookesey said:

As I expected your red head has worked it all out without even having met them. This county must be a haven for the work shy or many from other countries wouldn’t risk the lives of themselves and their families to get here.

Why do you assume that those risking their lives to get here are workshy? Once they are able to work the barriers to getting a job are very high.

1 minute ago, Bargepole23 said:

Why do you assume that those risking their lives to get here are workshy? Once they are able to work the barriers to getting a job are very high.

Why do you assume that they’re not?

2 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Why do you assume that they’re not?

I wasn't the one posting unfounded accusations, so again, can you post a link to some data, some article or report to support your claims?

11 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

I wasn't the one posting unfounded accusations, so again, can you post a link to some data, some article or report to support your claims?

Read Post 25.

4 hours ago, crookesey said:

Read Post 25.

Done that, where's the link? Looks to be in relation to a couple living in the Peak District.

A link to some data supporting your assertion is all thats required.

Edited by Bargepole23

10 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

Done that, where's the link? Looks to be in relation to a couple living in the Peak District.

A link to some data supporting your assertion is all thats required.

Sounds as if you’re calling me a liar, I’m the one who has known them for more years than I care to remember. how do you wish me to prove this?

2 hours ago, crookesey said:

Sounds as if you’re calling me a liar, I’m the one who has known them for more years than I care to remember. how do you wish me to prove this?

Not calling anyone a liar. You asserted that this country is a haven for the workshy and for that reason, people risk their lives to get here. I asked you why you would assume that, you must have some evidence? It must be more than you extrapolating from one couple you know to your all encompassing accusation, surely?

Edited by Bargepole23

OK you win, many illegal immigrants are not interested in benefits and are keen and eager to put their backs into working their way into legality. I’m not being sarcastic and would really love to share your optimism, but sadly I’m a realist.

33 minutes ago, crookesey said:

OK you win, many illegal immigrants are not interested in benefits and are keen and eager to put their backs into working their way into legality. I’m not being sarcastic and would really love to share your optimism, but sadly I’m a realist.

I understand foreighners qualify for fewer benefits in the first few years, compared to Brits born here.

But I guess someone living in proverty abroad will be used to poverty and will not expect as much.