Triple Lock Pension Rise Stopped This Year.

2 hours ago, El Cid said:

Local Government voted on a 2.75% increase for the minium rate and 1.75% for the rest.

So millions of public sector workers(including care home staff) will be falling behind the private sector again.

Growth in average total pay (including bonuses) and regular pay (excluding bonuses) among employees was 5.6% for the three months February to April 2021.

The UK inflation rate rose by 2.1% in the 12 months to July 2021, down from 2.4% in the 12 months to June.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peopleinwork/employmentandemployeetypes/bulletins/averageweeklyearningsingreatbritain/june2021

You appear to have omitted that the private sector doesn’t offer enhanced gold plated pensions with early retirement options that are totally unaffordable.

Edited by crookesey

2 hours ago, crookesey said:

You appear to have omitted that the private sector doesn’t offer enhanced gold plated pensions with early retirement options that are totally unaffordable.

That is a rightwing belief; the jobs are open to all, just like any employer - they want to attract the best workers.

4 minutes ago, El Cid said:

That is a rightwing belief; the jobs are open to all, just like any employer - they want to attract the best workers.

Yes, so they offer an unbeatable pension, that’s a zero wing reality.

On 07/09/2021 at 19:04, tinfoilhat said:

Do pensioners pay National insurance?

Perhaps you should rephrase that?

Did pensioners pay National Insurance?

Yes…I paid for 50 years…and expect a decent payback.

On 08/09/2021 at 15:04, crookesey said:

Yet the private sector outbids them when it somes to the present HGV crisis. If you think they offer much better pay and conditions than other employers, why not join them, I did.

On 08/09/2021 at 01:26, lobster said:

Still  getting a rise of 2.5% which is in line with wage inflation -so I don't think there are much grounds for complaint

You don't think so lobster, Well remember it only on 179 pounds per week which is so far beneath the goverments minimum as to be almost unbelievable. The minimum wage is 8.91 per hour, now all my worrking life I averaged 40 hours so each and every individual pensioner should recieve a minimum of 356 pounds per week each with  a couple obviously being on  712  per week because that's the minimum.

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

Yet the private sector outbids them when it somes to the present HGV crisis. If you think they offer much better pay and conditions than other employers, why not join them, I did.

Perhaps at age 74 I might struggle.

On 08/09/2021 at 01:26, lobster said:

Still  getting a rise of 2.5% which is in line with wage inflation -so I don't think there are much grounds for complaint

Where do you get the 2.5% wage inflation figure from?

"Growth in average total pay (including bonuses) was 8.8% and regular pay (excluding bonuses) was 7.4% in April to June 2021."

https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peopleinwork/employmentandemployeetypes/bulletins/uklabourmarket/august2021

2 hours ago, spilldig said:

You don't think so lobster, Well remember it only on 179 pounds per week which is so far beneath the goverments minimum as to be almost unbelievable. The minimum wage is 8.91 per hour, now all my worrking life I averaged 40 hours so each and every individual pensioner should recieve a minimum of 356 pounds per week each with  a couple obviously being on  712  per week because that's the minimum.

My pension is the old rate of £130 per week. I missed the new rate by 3 months even though I had to work till 63. I don't get any top ups because my small private pension takes me just over the limit, but it's still not much to live on. I thought I'd be ok because I paid into a private pension, not so. I wish I'd never bothered.  Remember Cameron saying pension changes would not leave anyone worse off? He lied.

Pension not keeping up with inflation is the last straw. Thanks Tories.

Edited by Anna B

19 hours ago, Anna B said:

My pension is the old rate of £130 per week. I missed the new rate by 3 months even though I had to work till 63. I don't get any top ups because my small private pension takes me just over the limit, but it's still not much to live on. I thought I'd be ok because I paid into a private pension, not so. I wish I'd never bothered.  Remember Cameron saying pension changes would not leave anyone worse off? He lied.

Pension not keeping up with inflation is the last straw. Thanks Tories.

Well at least Labour ensured that folk would be drawing their state pensions for three years less. You need to put your red flag back in it’s box, no political party can continue to pay pensions to folk that have never paid a penny into the system. I know a couple who live in a subsidised Peak District National Park property, neither have ever worked, no wonder they are pleased with their ‘free’ state pensions, but still say that they deserve more, well they have to keep upgrading their car, don’t they?

3 hours ago, crookesey said:

Well at least Labour ensured that folk would be drawing their state pensions for three years less. You need to put your red flag back in it’s box, no political party can continue to pay pensions to folk that have never paid a penny into the system. I know a couple who live in a subsidised Peak District National Park property, neither have ever worked, no wonder they are pleased with their ‘free’ state pensions, but still say that they deserve more, well they have to keep upgrading their car, don’t they?

Please tell us how they managed that. There must be a bit more to it. 

Edited by Anna B

7 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Please tell us how they managed that. There must be a bit more to it. 

Of course there’s more to it, but they’re hardly going to let the likes of you and my into the act are they?