Triple Lock Pension Rise Stopped This Year.

Our good and caring M Ps have stopped our guaranteed triple lock pension rise for this year , This after giving themselves a nice little salary rise not so long ago . Labour will scream  and shout at the situation but I have not seen any of em refusing their nice little allowances and salary increases ..

Edited by cuttsie

4 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Our good and caring M Ps have stopped our guaranteed triple lock pension rise for this year , This after giving themselves a nice little salary rise not so long ago . Labour will scream  and shout at the situation but I have not seen any of em refusing their nice little allowances and salary increases ..

By God, you’re learning, not a playing card between them.

And I was thinking about taking early retirement next year!

I guess that's not happening now . . . ?

that trusting boris breaks every promise he makes,how can anyone trust that man,and his record with women in his life is just as bad,hes got a slogan promise them everything and deliver nothing.

so, pensioners get to pay for the Covid crisis.  This much heralded Triple lock that was invented to help prevent pensioners ending their lives in poverty (and win pensioners votes)  is now the first one raided to ease the deficit.

1 hour ago, Thirsty Relic said:

so, pensioners get to pay for the Covid crisis.  This much heralded Triple lock that was invented to help prevent pensioners ending their lives in poverty (and win pensioners votes)  is now the first one raided to ease the deficit.

Do pensioners pay National insurance?

1 hour ago, Thirsty Relic said:

This much heralded Triple lock that was invented to help prevent pensioners ending their lives in poverty (and win pensioners votes)  is now the first one raided to ease the deficit.

I don't think this is fair. The Triple lock was a pretty sweet deal for pensioners because it gave them the best of three possible options automatically. The pandemic pushed down wages last year but it did not push down pensions because of the best of three nature of the Triple lock and wage inflation (being negative) was not the best option. This year wages have rebounded by 8% (?), it is not reasonable for pensioners to receive an 8% rise in pensions that is just a rebound even if the governing party made a manifesto pledge to retain the Triple lock.

Holistically the pandemic has clobbered us economically. We need a way of sharing that burden equitably. Handing a windfall to pensioners looks even less reasonable in that context.

Still  getting a rise of 2.5% which is in line with wage inflation -so I don't think there are much grounds for complaint

12 hours ago, Carbuncle said:

I don't think this is fair. The Triple lock was a pretty sweet deal for pensioners because it gave them the best of three possible options automatically. The pandemic pushed down wages last year but it did not push down pensions because of the best of three nature of the Triple lock and wage inflation (being negative) was not the best option. This year wages have rebounded by 8% (?), it is not reasonable for pensioners to receive an 8% rise in pensions that is just a rebound even if the governing party made a manifesto pledge to retain the Triple lock.

Holistically the pandemic has clobbered us economically. We need a way of sharing that burden equitably. Handing a windfall to pensioners looks even less reasonable in that context.

Well said. It is only for one year anyway. 2.5% is better than nowt. Some of the wingers may well need later in life the help the money generates.

yes heard that before only for a year, until he comes up with other ideas ,for keeping it down,as it says a promise is a promise(except in the world of boris)this lot dont understand anything about normal folk,remember the £50 note burning ritual by boris

10 hours ago, lobster said:

Still  getting a rise of 2.5% which is in line with wage inflation -so I don't think there are much grounds for complaint

Strangely enough I didn’t expect anything more than the minimum either.

11 hours ago, lobster said:

Local Government voted on a 2.75% increase for the minium rate and 1.75% for the rest.

So millions of public sector workers(including care home staff) will be falling behind the private sector again.

Growth in average total pay (including bonuses) and regular pay (excluding bonuses) among employees was 5.6% for the three months February to April 2021.

The UK inflation rate rose by 2.1% in the 12 months to July 2021, down from 2.4% in the 12 months to June.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peopleinwork/employmentandemployeetypes/bulletins/averageweeklyearningsingreatbritain/june2021