The New Version Of A Question Of Sport.

Very disappointing.!  I usually like Paddy McGuiness but he’s not suitable in this programme. The panel were just as bad, and the questions were uninteresting.

Haven't watched Paddy Mcguiness is one of the most overrated guys on tv,he made it riding on Peter Kay's back.

The programme should have ended ages ago as it's well passed its sell by date as an entertaining & proper sports quiz.  It started to fall apart years ago & I thought it'd reached rock bottom when they employed Phil Tufnell as a captain.   Its miles away from its hay day of having the likes of captains Botham, Hughes, Beaumont & Carson & able to attract the top sporting talent of the day as additional panel members. 

Now all it appears to be is another vehicle for existing BBC 'stars', to work on.  For goodness sake, I've seen one trailer showing Anton Du Beke is going to be a guest.  

How highly does the BBC rate it?  They've moved it from a prime time schedule & lined it up against Coronation Street. 

Edited by Baron99

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

The programme should have ended ages ago as it's well passed its sell by date as an entertaining & proper sports quiz.  It started to fall apart years ago & I thought it'd reached rock bottom when they employed Phil Tufnell as a captain.   Its miles away from its hay day of having the likes of captains Botham, Hughes, Beaumont & Carson & able to attract the top sporting talent of the day as additional panel members. 

Now all it appears to be is another vehicle for existing BBC 'stars', to work on.  For goodness sake, I've seen one trailer showing Anton Du Beke is going to be a guest.  

How highly does the BBC rate it?  They've moved it from a prime time schedule & lined it up against Coronation Street. 

I agree with you.

One of the first questions should be  "do you know who the team captains are ? I agree with  everything  Baron says.

16 hours ago, pattricia said:

Very disappointing.!  I usually like Paddy McGuiness but he’s not suitable in this programme. The panel were just as bad, and the questions were uninteresting.

I heard a voice just like his in Sainsbury's a while ago. Thought it was just a coincidence until I looked around and saw it was actually him at the next till! That's Sainsbury's in Macclesfield by the way.

13 minutes ago, Victor Meldrew said:

I heard a voice just like his in Sainsbury's a while ago. Thought it was just a coincidence until I looked around and saw it was actually him at the next till! That's Sainsbury's in Macclesfield by the way.

Hmmm... :huh:

... I don't believe it! ;)

7 hours ago, Victor Meldrew said:

Where does he come from ? Is it Liverpool or Yorkshire ?

I liked the old version including the last series but this was a real disappointment as said before Paddy and the captains just did not cut it

Bit like the new top gear after Clarkson and rest kicked off BBC a failure

6 hours ago, ukdobby said:

Think it's Bolton or Chorley.

Farnworth, Bolton. Suspect with his recent 'popularity' (and increased wealth) he's now made home in the golden triangle to the north of Macclesfield, probably Prestbury.

Edited by Victor Meldrew

something else that has been "productised" - It has gone from looking in on someone elses pub quiz, it has gone down the route of "find a formula and beat it to death"

PLUS - there are a lot more minority sports at the moment that the average viewer won't have a clue about.

In days gone, we all knew where we were with cup finals, grand national winners etc...

Weightlifting not so much...