Plymouth Argyle V Sheffield Wednesday

1 hour ago, ukdobby said:

So how long do you give him?you may be happy mid table but I'm not.

I'm realistic enough to know that it wont be easy to go straight back up this season...but not daft enough to start questioning the managers position after 6 games...

Unless there's a dramatic fall off in results between now and then...i'd see where we are at Christmas...

9 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

I  have woke up this morning and as usual my thought hour was turned on , an hour I use to go through recent events and happenings , My thoughts turned to my life time togga club Sheffield Wednesday , A unique club in name and history , 

Then it hit me , we (us) The wise old Owls are now shagggeddd  beyond belief   we have just lost to a fishing village team and a out of the way Naval Town , these two are among the minnows !!!!!! of togga folk lore ,So it has now registered with my self we are now well and truly confined to history , We have tried , spent our money , hired and fired a dozen so called experts as managers and after all this we are still knackereddd,  But there is one consolation we have up to now never ever been in the fourth division .

Got to say, "I love your humour Cuttsie"  :hihi:

dont worry padders all is not lost,we have had it worse,at least we are not at the old len ashurst saloon yet,i hope and pray darren gets it sorted soon.

7 minutes ago, bassett one said:

dont worry padders all is not lost,we have had it worse,at least we are not at the old len ashurst saloon yet,i hope and pray darren gets it sorted soon.

Never mind Bassett, it could be worse........

You could have been a Fort William supporter.  (see Highland league)

Hmmm... :huh:

Losing successive games at Morecambe and Plymouth can mean only one thing...

... the bracing sea air disagrees with them! :hihi:

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=mGoKBAAAQBAJ&pg=PA176&lpg=PA176&dq=sea+air+disagrees&source=bl&ots=24v-qIVN2-&sig=ACfU3U0pDumds6R4WJuc3iyc9enhlMGRfA&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjAp_jhzfvyAhXbQUEAHcKSCRIQ6AF6BAgQEAM#v=onepage&q=sea%20air%20disagrees&f=false

Oops!

Looks like the link isn't working - You'll just have to Google it! :D

Edited by Mr Bloke

When Carlos took over we were 21st in the table in late September but made the play offs, a couple of worries I have about Moore is the amount of changes he makes from game to game and the insistence on playing one up front, he may need to adapt tactics to halt the slide.

2 minutes ago, top4718 said:

When Carlos took over we were 21st in the table in late September but made the play offs, a couple of worries I have about Moore is the amount of changes he makes from game to game and the insistence on playing one up front, he may need to adapt tactics to halt the slide.

3 points off 2nd place and 40 games left...b'reight...!!

1, A chairman/owner with money who can manage people, not just footballers.

2, A finance man who knows how to manage his boss’s money.

3, A manager who realises that he manages the playing staff, not the club.

And that’s only a start, I reckon that we have a no.3, but we will only find out how good  when we have the other two, don’t hold your respective breaths guys.

Edited by crookesey

17 hours ago, crookesey said:

1, A chairman/owner with money who can manage people, not just footballers.

2, A finance man who knows how to manage his boss’s money.

3, A manager who realises that he manages the playing staff, not the club.

And that’s only a start, I reckon that we have a no.3, but we will only find out how good  when we have the other two, don’t hold your respective breaths guys.

We missed a MASSIVE opportunity last season, to appoint Mark Devlin, he was part of the success at Brentford, he left in 2018, went to Dundalk and was looking to get back into english football, Huddersfield wasted no time in bringing him into steer their recruitment for this season, and to advise on football matters.

Never mind eh,weve still got paxo to advise us.

1 minute ago, staninoodle said:

We missed a MASSIVE opportunity last season, to appoint Mark Devlin, he was part of the success at Brentford, he left in 2018, went to Dundalk and was looking to get back into english football, Huddersfield wasted no time in bringing him into steer their recruitment for this season, and to advise on football matters.

Never mind eh,weve still got paxo to advise us.

I don't think your Manager is up to the task but I think a win against a poor Shrewsbury will keep him out of the firing line a little bit longer......

10 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

I don't think your Manager is up to the task but I think a win against a poor Shrewsbury will keep him out of the firing line a little bit longer......

Theres problems above the manager level, and theyve been there going on back to CCs time.They need putting right first, then you  can begin to improve on and off the pitch.

You can overhaul the playing staff repeatedly, but end up in the same cycle because your repeating the same mistakes.

Ive not hid my thoughts on the manager, but he does have my sympathy.

No doubt hes got the same objective as Monk and others got, Promotion, and if he doesnt achieve it with this fine set of players weve given him, then hel be toast like the rest, and we will restart the cycle, AGAIN!

I like Darron Moore he is a proper togga man , some of them foreign managers are just mercenaries flitting around Europe to the highest bidder , Good lad is Darron reminds me of Megson calling a spade a shovel .