Proposal To Turn The Former Debenhams Store Into A High Street Hospital

6 hours ago, makapaka said:

It’s a daft idea.

Shoe-horning a hospital into the middle of prime retail space which millions has already been spent on trying to improve.

Also imagine trying to get ambulances in & out of an area in the middle of the city centre, where the roads have either been downgraded to single carriageways, made one ways or blocked off altogether. 

As said earlier.  It was only someone's idea. 

Guest makapaka

Might aswell have been an idea for a new Willy wonka factory.

madness.

2 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Might aswell have been an idea for a new Willy wonka factory.

madness.

Hmmm... :huh:

I think the wonky Willy department is located at the Northern General... :blush:

Guest makapaka
Just now, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

I think the wonky Willy department is located at the Northern General... :blush:

it’s at the hallamshire - I used to have my own parking space 😂

On 03/09/2021 at 16:57, the_bloke said:

It's a pie in the sky idea put forward by some think tank that has got recognition. The reality is that the store was purchased in March and the staff were told by the new owners that there are plans to convert the building into a mix of retail and hospitality, including a roof terrace bar, a restaurant in the basement and retail units on the different floors.

It won't be a hospital. It probably won't be a mix of retail and hospitality either.

I bet that someone simply became confused and did not understand the difference between 'hospital' and 'hospitality'!