Is This The Worst Show On Tv ?

2 minutes ago, Padders said:

Alternately, He could spend many a happy hour reading Syrup's joke thread........

Indeed he could.

☺️

12 hours ago, FoxLady said:

So you can reach a decision about the musical content of each programme by changing "the channel quick enough"? Amazing.

I would suggest that rather than waste your time watching it, buy a copy of "Eats, Shoots and Leaves" by Lynne Truss, and read it from cover to cover.

The idea of going through the channels is to see and hear what you want to watch and discard the garbage like strictly or a more fitting name sickly,  oh! and I don't need to read your book,  it sounds like you need to visit Spec savers and while your out and about get an hearing aid, mind you, that won't help cure your tone defness.  :hihi:

Hmmm... :huh:

I'll tell you why I think these 'celebrity' programmes are rubbish these days...

... it's because they've run out of genuine celebrities! :nod:

If you do happen to know who the 'celebrity' is, then the chances are you care even less, and so have little interest in who gets voted off.

It used to be that these people were household names who had worked their way up to the 'celebrity' status by entertaining the public for many years, and the public had developed a genuine feeling for them and respected their talents (or not, depending on individual taste).

For example, why are Ant & Dec so popular? They have little (if any) original material and have become household names by regurgitating old ideas.

It's because their audience have grown up with them - from the early days of kids TV. People feel that they 'know' them, and so are more willing to accept their little indiscretions.

Now it seems, you don't have to have any particular talent other than the ability to share your limited populist opinions on Twitter and convince a gullible audience that you're 'one of them'.

So, why are these new 'celebrities' so popular, you might ask?

It's because they're ordinary people that the public can relate to. They haven't had to work hard for many years to perfect any special talent and have achieved their 'status' overnight through a bit of good fortune.

It gives many in the same situation the hope that it could also happen to them...

... but does anyone really care about these new 'celebrities'?

No, they don't... :shakes:

... because we all know there'll be lots of equally untalented 'celebrities' following along to take their place! :(

Thats got to be the biggest joke, Goggle Box, a bunch of nobodies ask to watch telly then christ almighty there on everything, it  woudn't  suprise me to  see em at the Oscars or summat,   :roll:

21 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

I'll tell you why I think these 'celebrity' programmes are rubbish these days...

... it's because they've run out of genuine celebrities! :nod:

If you do happen to know who the 'celebrity' is, then the chances are you care even less, and so have little interest in who gets voted off.

It used to be that these people were household names who had worked their way up to the 'celebrity' status by entertaining the public for many years, and the public had developed a genuine feeling for them and respected their talents (or not, depending on individual taste).

For example, why are Ant & Dec so popular? They have little (if any) original material and have become household names by regurgitating old ideas.

It's because their audience have grown up with them - from the early days of kids TV. People feel that they 'know' them, and so are more willing to accept their little indiscretions.

Now it seems, you don't have to have any particular talent other than the ability to share your limited populist opinions on Twitter and convince a gullible audience that you're 'one of them'.

So, why are these new 'celebrities' so popular, you might ask?

It's because they're ordinary people that the public can relate to. They haven't had to work hard for many years to perfect any special talent and have achieved their 'status' overnight through a bit of good fortune.

It gives many in the same situation the hope that it could also happen to them...

... but does anyone really care about these new 'celebrities'?

No, they don't... :shakes:

... because we all know there'll be lots of equally untalented 'celebrities' following along to take their place! :(

Spot on Mr. Bloke....

I watch very little Tele these days, apart from Corrie..

What I do love is You Tube, there is some amazing stuff on there..

Last night I had a 2hour stroll from Squires Gate to Bispham looking at Blackpool illuminations..

"Walk with Tim" his videos are absolutely brilliant and entertaining.. much better than the rubbish served up on TV.

7 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Thats got to be the biggest joke, Goggle Box, a bunch of nobodies ask to watch telly then christ almighty there on everything, it  woudn't  suprise me to  see em at the Oscars or summat,   :roll:

That is a perfect example, Mr Presley! :thumbsup:

Newsflash - the TV stations put these programmes and people on TV because people, rightly or wrongly, choose to watch them.

If they all stopped watching them, they would stop making them. A top tip for you all.

Although Strictly Come Dancing is my favourite programme I was disappointed in last Saturdays offering which was “ Musicals “  I was hoping for some really good Hollywood musicals like “ Guys and Dolls “  .

Just now, pattricia said:

Although Strictly Come Dancing is my favourite programme I was disappointed in last Saturdays offering which was “ Musicals “  I was hoping for some really good Hollywood musicals like “ Guys and Dolls “  .

No it wasnt. It was "Movies". Did you actually watch it?

23 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Newsflash - the TV stations put these programmes and people on TV because people, rightly or wrongly, choose to watch them.

If they all stopped watching them, they would stop making them. A top tip for you all.

News Flash. :hihi:    If you stopped posting on the Forum loads more people would post on here,  top tip for you.  :thumbsup:

Well that was a rather tetchy reply when I didnt mention anyone by name.

Are you ok? xx

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Well that was a rather tetchy reply when I didnt mention anyone by name.

Are you ok? xx

Just a general observation.  :hihi: