Is This The Worst Show On Tv ?

On 02/10/2021 at 18:49, prince al said:

Strictly come prancing. Apart from the long one on breakfast tv, I can’t tell who the celebrities are, and it’s cringeworthy embarrassing.

Apart from the bunch of Posers on this show which makes it corny,  it is the shocking backing group.  Strictly  should change its  name to Sickly.  :gag:

Gordon, Gino and Fred Go Greek.  It’s boring, forced and unfunny ! 

On 03/10/2021 at 20:03, PRESLEY said:

...it is the shocking backing group.  Strictly  should change its  name to Sickly.  :gag:

You're obviously not a musician, pal.

I don't care for the dancing, but the band and singers are superb.

34 minutes ago, FoxLady said:

You're obviously not a musician, pal.

I don't care for the dancing, but the band and singers are superb.

You can't be  serious or a musician either but I'll tell you what you are PAL !  your tone deaf,  you hear this sort of corny, cheesey  rubbish at weddings or on a cruise ship.  :gag:

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

You can't be  serious or a musician either but I'll tell you what you are PAL !  your tone deaf,  you hear this sort of corny, cheesey  rubbish at weddings or on a cruise ship.  :gag:

I said this years ago and got slated for it.

13 hours ago, jane2008 said:

I said this years ago and got slated for it.

Dont know why you got slated, because you were correct,  I cant see why, when it comes to certain themes like hollywood musicals ect they dont play the original sound tracks,  instead of listening to those Jerks. :huh:

Truly dreadful patience testing garbage. But unfortunately I now am tortured by that appalling jingle ringing around my head like white noise.

Edited by prince al

2 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Dont know why you got slated, because you were correct,  I cant see why, when it comes to certain themes like hollywood musicals ect they dont play the original sound tracks,  instead of listening to those Jerks. :huh:

Primarily because it is licensed and costs vast amounts of money.  Whilst the BBC does have some long-standing agreements with the music industry there will be strict rules about when, how and in what context it can be used.

Do not underestimate the ridiculous sums that broadcasters have to pay for anything that is potentially copyrighted or licensed. Even having to pay thousands of pounds to access the most innocuous pieces of stock footage or background photographs. Television is vastly complicated and expensive to make and there are some extremely good YouTube videos and documentaries about the difficulties and sheer scale of the operations behind the scenes. It is not just about chucking on some background music, letting people prance around and filming it.

Also, with it being a live television show which has to be timed down to the absolute second, chances are that many of the full original tracks are simply too long or unwieldy to fit within the choreographed correct camera angles, lighting effects, graphics, visuals. Again, filming for television to make it look good to the viewer at home is vastly more complicated than performing straight in front of an audience.

Oh and by the way, those "jerks" as you dismiss them are a professional Orchestra and musical director made up of several session musicians who have worked with some of the biggest artists. They are hardly some wannabes picked from their mum's garage. If you don't like the programme fine but at least have some respect for the professional musicians.  It is part of the big appeal and draw to the program is having the live music element. It is a call back to it's traditional roots when it was first broadcast and is more aligned to the realities of such competitions taking place off the television.

Edited by ECCOnoob

46 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Primarily because it is licensed and costs vast amounts of money.  Whilst the BBC does have some long-standing agreements with the music industry there will be strict rules about when, how and in what context it can be used.

Do not underestimate the ridiculous sums that broadcasters have to pay for anything that is potentially copyrighted or licensed. Even having to pay thousands of pounds to access the most innocuous pieces of stock footage or background photographs. Television is vastly complicated and expensive to make and there are some extremely good YouTube videos and documentaries about the difficulties and sheer scale of the operations behind the scenes. It is not just about chucking on some background music, letting people prance around and filming it.

Also, with it being a live television show which has to be timed down to the absolute second, chances are that many of the full original tracks are simply too long or unwieldy to fit within the choreographed correct camera angles, lighting effects, graphics, visuals. Again, filming for television to make it look good to the viewer at home is vastly more complicated than performing straight in front of an audience.

Oh and by the way, those "jerks" as you dismiss them are a professional Orchestra and musical director made up of several session musicians who have worked with some of the biggest artists. They are hardly some wannabes picked from their mum's garage. If you don't like the programme fine but at least have some respect for the professional musicians.  It is part of the big appeal and draw to the program is having the live music element. It is a call back to it's traditional roots when it was first broadcast and is more aligned to the realities of such competitions taking place off the television.

I think they sound rubbish, corny, cheesy infact they could do with Rick Astley or more like Rick Ghastley that would put the icing on their Cheez cake, thats my opion which I am aloud to have, you have yours which by the way doesn't make you right, like you think you are all the time, as for watching this programme,  I don't,  Flicking through channels I unfortunately catch some of it and can't change the channel quick enough,  some people like to watch this programme and some don't,  everybody is allowed their opinion. Some people agree with me and some don't. There you go.

Is it me as these so called celebrities don’t mean anything to me.

7 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

I think they sound rubbish, corny, cheesy infact they could do with Rick Astley or more like Rick Ghastley that would put the icing on their Cheez cake, thats my opion which I am aloud to have, you have yours which by the way doesn't make you right, like you think you are all the time, as for watching this programme,  I don't,  Flicking through channels I unfortunately catch some of it and can't change the channel quick enough,  some people like to watch this programme and some don't,  everybody is allowed their opinion. Some people agree with me and some don't. There you go.

So you can reach a decision about the musical content of each programme by changing "the channel quick enough"? Amazing.

I would suggest that rather than waste your time watching it, buy a copy of "Eats, Shoots and Leaves" by Lynne Truss, and read it from cover to cover.

9 hours ago, FoxLady said:

So you can reach a decision about the musical content of each programme by changing "the channel quick enough"? Amazing.

I would suggest that rather than waste your time watching it, buy a copy of "Eats, Shoots and Leaves" by Lynne Truss, and read it from cover to cover.

Alternately, He could spend many a happy hour reading Syrup's joke thread........