Nhs Dentists

Does anyone know of any Dentists (preferably North side of Sheffield,) who are taking on NHS patients. I've been looking for ages with no success. You're my last hope...

Anna,

Try this web address which is our dentist and I believe they are taking new patients.

http://www.thompsonandthomas.net/fairlawns.asp

Thankyou forgeman, I'll give it a try this morning.

Hi forgeman, gave Thompson  & Thomas a ring this morning.

They have a 9 - 12 month waiting list, but that is the shortist I've found so far,

so I've put my name on it.

Thankyou very much for the tip off.

My Dentist Peel Street Barnsley will sort you out 5 mins from Sheffield bus or train .

The state of NHS dentistry at present is not  good at all.

My partner had he routine 6 month check up cancelled 3 times and had not seen a dentist since before COVID.

After finally getting to see them when she was in pain was unable to sort the issue.

At considerable expense she has gone private who have sorted her issues which were made worse by not having regular check ups.

Hope you get sorted.

13 hours ago, Fudbeer said:

The state of NHS dentistry at present is not  good at all.

My partner had he routine 6 month check up cancelled 3 times and had not seen a dentist since before COVID.

After finally getting to see them when she was in pain was unable to sort the issue.

At considerable expense she has gone private who have sorted her issues which were made worse by not having regular check ups.

Hope you get sorted.

The waiting lists for NHS dentists goes way back and definitely way prior to covid.

I don't know what happened to the previously satisfactory system in the past.

On 03/09/2021 at 11:05, Anna B said:

The waiting lists for NHS dentists goes way back and definitely way prior to covid.

I don't know what happened to the previously satisfactory system in the past.

My guess would be consecutive tory governments underfunding and a certain vote making European dentists feel unwelcome. I dread the day when I have a problem with my teeth because I've no idea what I'll do.

I was told the lack of H.N.S. dentists is because a lot of the newly qualified dentists go into private dentistry because the money is better.

its a fair distance ,but greenhill dentist hemper lane have a big sign saying they are taking new customers

Happy to report I have now been accepted as an NHS patient at Thompson and Thomas at Fairlawns thanks to a bit of help from a lovely Dentist at Charles Clifford Dental Hospital. Haven't had any treatment yet at Fairlawns thanks to Charles Clifford. 

• Like 1

On 01/09/2021 at 18:56, Anna B said:

Does anyone know of any Dentists (preferably North side of Sheffield,) who are taking on NHS patients. I've been looking for ages with no success. You're my last hope...

I have been trying to find a dentist for over a year I found one locally on NHS website saying they were taking patients, when I rang they said they were not I asked why they had just updated web site saying they were accepting patients and the exact words were Well we have to put that on for refugees.