New Goalkeeper At The Lane.

53 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

But ,What happened to poor old Hodgy;s benefit money , did it end up in the Co -Op .

No idea Pal but they did play Wednesday and we know how dodgy they are with money......

1 hour ago, Alextopman said:

No idea Pal but they did play Wednesday and we know how dodgy they are with money......

Agreed , It was the same when we worked for Hassalls blinking Castles , you never knew if the money was coming on Friday , to top it all Wednesday got to the cup final that year so how we found the money to go to every away game is still a puzzle to me , these days I can't afford a week in Mablethorpe .

8 hours ago, Alextopman said:

The club didn't pay it's debts many millions of pounds FACt, you seem to want to defend that choose whether or not their Chairman was iffy doesn't alter the FACT that the hole left by your lot didn't do the people invested in the bank any good......All you're telling us is you borrowed the money off a firm run by a druggy pervert......

I said they came to an agreement  & common knowledge knows it wsant all owed & im not defending owt mi owd , £1.5bn other factors also  came to the co op's demise not just a dodgy chairman or sheffield wednesday, 

Edited by owl.66

3 minutes ago, owl.66 said:

I said they came to an agreement & not defending owt mi owd , £1.5bn other factors also  came to the co op's demise not just a dodgy chairman or sheffield wednesday, 

It certainly didn't help.

7 hours ago, cuttsie said:

But ,What happened to poor old Hodgy;s benefit money , did it end up in the Co -Op .

Yes, I read in Hodgy's book (great read) that he arrived at the Lane the next morning to collect his testimonial money and the  Blade's chairman (was it Blacow Yates then ?) explained that the office had been broken into overnight and the money was stolen.

5 minutes ago, St Petre said:

Yes, I read in Hodgy's book (great read) that he arrived at the Lane the next morning to collect his testimonial money and the  Blade's chairman (was it Blacow Yates then ?) explained that the office had been broken into overnight and the money was stolen.

H Blacow Yates was chairman at the time but it was the club secretary that broke the news. The cash had been bagged up for going to the bank. There’s no mention of a break in.

5 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

H Blacow Yates was chairman at the time but it was the club secretary that broke the news. The cash had been bagged up for going to the bank. There’s no mention of a break in.

Sorry Jim, I must be mistaken about a break in (bad assumption), yes it would be the club secretary that broke the news.

15 minutes ago, St Petre said:

Sorry Jim, I must be mistaken about a break in (bad assumption), yes it would be the club secretary that broke the news.

Correction. It was in Dick Wragg’s time as chairman. Blacow Yates was long gone by then.

1 hour ago, Jim Hardie said:

Correction. It was in Dick Wragg’s time as chairman. Blacow Yates was long gone by then.

So United had burglar , who pinched a bag of money , why would Hodgy have to suffer .

I see the Blades new goalie is starting tonight against Preston sorry for getting back on topic!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest sibon
4 hours ago, monzaman said:

I see the Blades new goalie is starting tonight against Preston sorry for getting back on topic!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did he get on?

10 minutes ago, sibon said:

How did he get on?

up the tunnel like all the other players!!

Sorry shouldn't have answered you like that, it must be with reading a lot of the other posts on here, anyway he did alright once he settled down, made a mistake early on but then pulled off a few good saves

Edited by monzaman