Difficult To Change, Gender Roles.

An incel is a member of an online subculture of people who define themselves as unable to get a romantic or sexual partner despite desiring one.

Being a man myself, I know males that seem to be very negative about females. Does the UK have a problem with changing roles and people sexuallity?

I am a 50+ single male myself, its not a position of my own choosing, but I dont blame anyone for that. I have been devorced, but again it takes two people to make or brake a relationship.

The state does seem to support single parents, does that mean couples are more likely to brake up? Discus.

What's this got to do with gender roles?

I know it's a public holiday but you seem to have started drinking very early today. 

Edited by andyofborg

29 minutes ago, andyofborg said:

I know it's a public holiday but you seem to have started drinking very early today. 

I thought that too - but was too  polite to say.🤣

Maybe the title is a bit misleading, but I for one, think it's an interesting subject. Forgive me if I have misinterpreted it.

I don't remember gender/ relationships ever being so difficult in the past, but now they seem much more  fraught with difficulties both real and imagined and I don't really know why it's happened.

Maybe men have no clear idea of their role in the modern world? Maybe women's expectations are too high? Maybe Covid has destroyed people's trust in each other? Gender is now a very confusing issue

I do know that despite this densely populated country of ours, loneliness is going through the roof, across all genders and across all age groups and that's very sad

2 hours ago, andyofborg said:

Good threads are started when the mind is more relaxed  :)

We had a young man go crazy with a gun in Plymouth this month, membership of a new group came to light, yet I have not seen it discussed anywhere.

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

I don't remember gender/ relationships ever being so difficult in the past, but now they seem much more  fraught with difficulties both real and imagined and I don't really know why it's happened.

Maybe men have no clear idea of their role in the modern world? Maybe women's expectations are too high? Maybe Covid has destroyed people's trust in each other? Gender is now a very confusing issue

I was out with a friend last night who is very anti woman. I am opposite to him, although my relationships have not worked.

My friend blames the women 100% he is not a violent man, so that is ok. People develop fixed views, whether that is about women or religion. He is very much an old fashioned male, women should be slim and fulfill their role as a mother and wife.

The males role has changed and its not easy for the older generation.

Edited by El Cid

4 minutes ago, El Cid said:

We had a young man go crazy with a gun in Plymouth this month, membership of a new group came to light, yet I have not seen it discussed anywhere.

Indeed we did, however this isn't a matter of gender roles, this young man had easy access to firearms and may or may not had a mental illness and couldn't get laid. The first two are worthy topics for discussion, the third maybe not so though I'm sure the young studs on here would appreciate any tips the older ones can give them. 

3 minutes ago, El Cid said:

I was out with a friend last night who is very anti woman. I am opposite to him, although my relationships have not worked.

My friend blames the women 100% he is not a violent man, so that is ok. People develop fixed views, whether that is about women or religion. He is very much an old fashioned male, women should be slim and fulfill their role as a mother and wife.

What does he actually blame women for?   For not wanting a relationship with him? I'm sure there is more to him than the few sentences you have used here, but from what you describe he doesn't sound particuarly appealing.  

3 minutes ago, El Cid said:

The males role has changed and its not easy for the older generation.

In what way has it changed? The world has changed, and many of the jobs which might in "olden times" be considered as male no longer exist but the older generation sat back and let that happen and during the first and second world wars most of those jobs were done by women. Other than that, what else is different?

30 minutes ago, andyofborg said:

Indeed we did, however this isn't a matter of gender roles, this young man had easy access to firearms and may or may not had a mental illness and couldn't get laid. The first two are worthy topics for discussion, the third maybe not so though I'm sure the young studs on here would appreciate any tips the older ones can give them.

July 21, 2021 Ohio man who identified as 'incel' charged with planning mass shooting of women!

At the monent, incell should be above Katie Hopkins and Brexit, in relation to worthy of discussion?

1 minute ago, El Cid said:

July 21, 2021 Ohio man who identified as 'incel' charged with planning mass shooting of women!

At the monent, incell should be above Katie Hopkins and Brexit, in relation to worthy of discussion?

If enough people agree with you then it will be. Up to now, it seems most of your fellow inmates don't. 

Great that a police force is trying to understand younger females and taking car to get to know white and non-white girls, just hope no one objects to the force just understanding one gender.

"Three teenagers have mentored a trio of the Metropolitan Police's top women officers for six months.  The reverse mentoring project aimed to help officers get closer to communities they serve by gaining fresh perspectives on issues including domestic abuse, knife crime and social inequality."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-london-58351814

4 hours ago, El Cid said:

My understanding of Jake Davidson is that he joined an online forum for 'involuntary celebates'. From the sounds of it, this incel forum was where he was radicalised. What's particularly tragic is that days and weeks before he murdered others, he was trying to remove himself from the incel forums - perhaps belatedly realising that it wasn't doing his mental health any good.

The news reports on these incel groups is that they are peopled by those with very low self esteem, who have a fixed idea of what an ideal man and woman is, and Jake Davidson felt he couldn't match up to this ideal, and that was why he thought couldn't achieve a sexual relationship with women. The content of these incel forums are misanthropic and twisted. 

Yes there are some very vulnerable people, like Davidson, who feel that their lives would be improved by having a close relationship with a woman; but it's like that old cliche says- you have to like yourself before you can find other people to like you.

Edited by Mister M