Snowflakes Get Sheffield Date Of Roy Chubby Brown Tour Axed

19 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Hardly anyone worth seeing does gigs in Sheffield anymore, fairly easy to travel to Leeds/Nottingham, cities that are streets ahead of Sheffield sadly.

Well you must like a lot of organ music and brass bands cos I've had a quick glance at the line up at Leeds Town Hall.

Perhaps instead you are taking a broad brush approach and  talking about all the venues in a city. Well I'm certainly not going to spend my evening trawling through all the listings for the arena and the theatres and the music venues but from my past experience most of the acts performing in Sheffield venues are mirrored across loads of other cities and vice versa.

With the exception of perhaps Manchester and Birmingham who do get the odd exclusive  headliners, most of the rest of the entertainment offerings across the country are pretty similar. That's why most comics or bands or plays have a tour date list which covers the same venues year after year.

Ps.  I note that neither your precious Leeds or Nottingham are showing your favourite comedian. Are you going to boycott them too? 

Edited by ECCOnoob

12 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Well you must like a lot of organ music and brass bands cos I've had a quick glance at the line up at Leeds Town Hall.

Perhaps instead you are taking a broad brush approach and  talking about all the venues in a city. Well I'm certainly not going to spend my evening trawling through all the listings for the arena and the theatres and the music venues but from my past experience most of the acts performing in Sheffield venues are mirrored across loads of other cities and vice versa.

With the exception of perhaps Manchester and Birmingham who do get the odd exclusive  headliners, most of the rest of the entertainment offerings across the country are pretty similar. That's why most comics or bands or plays have a tour date list which covers the same venues year after year.

Ps.  I note that neither your precious Leeds or Nottingham are showing your favourite comedian. Are you going to boycott them too? 

There are far more venues in Leeds than the town hall plus better hotels etc.

I'm not particularly a fan of Brown but I'd rather not be told what I can watch by non entities like Terry Fox.

You'll notice a lot of bands play Leeds and Nottingham and miss out Sheffield, I attended dozens of gigs (prior to covid nonsense) and know what trends occur, I also do work at some of the Sheffield venues and know they are struggling and have been for a while.  

Guest busdriver1
1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

So is that a yes or a no to a boycott? One cancelled gig won't close down City Hall.

I will not boycott the city hall. 

I don't go into Sheffield in the grounds of personal safety so boycotting anywhere in Sheffield is pointless. 

2 hours ago, sibon said:

He could always choose to ditch the racist “jokes”.

Maybe update his “act” so that it meets modern standards.

That's great. You obviously haven't seen his shows. To say he is racist is amusing. He attacks everybody irrespective of race colour or religion. 

English white people get a really hard time.

When you say modern standards I assume you mean not funny. 

1 hour ago, busdriver1 said:

That's great. You obviously haven't seen his shows. To say he is racist is amusing. He attacks everybody irrespective of race colour or religion. 

English white people get a really hard time.

When you say modern standards I assume you mean not funny. 

Spot on. Yet the wokes only take umbrage when "comedians" (I use the term loosely, he's "not my thing") take even the slightest dig/pop at their "sacred cows". 

I'm glad I  won't be around in 20 years or so.  Every single word anyone utters will undoubtedly "offend" someone then.  Grow up. 

Edited by Martin C
typo

5 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Find a venue who will take him, book it, sell tickets on this wave of publicity. You could be quids in!

Maybe if the idiots who run the place stop cancelling shows in fear of being called a racist & start thinking of making money then they'll be quids in ...... but no! With people like you around sticking they're oar in making a mountain out of a mole hill. Have you ever seen any of his shows? If so you'll find out that he isn't the racist you & people like you seem to tar him with!

5 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

They haven't. 

Boggles my mind what some people think is defined as "their rights".

Yes they have! They've took it upon themselves to ban him without thinking about the people who want to see him live! Coming out with the same old bull**** like Sibon has like go & watch him in Manchester (nobody is stopping your rights)  ..... No nobody is stopping me from watching him in Manchester but i along with many other wanted to watch him here in Sheffield! Answer me this simple question because nobody else can't or won't! Who is he going to offend?

5 hours ago, sibon said:

Sheffield City Hall is just fine. Miles ahead of anything that Leeds has to offer. TRCH Nottingham is nice, but no better than The City Hall. It tends to have the same gigs too. & yet they don't have any problems with Chubby Brown doing his stuff there? Do you see yourself as some sort of Mary Whitehouse?

Edited by Markstevo

Guest sibon

I can’t quote @Markstevo because he’s completely mangled my post. 

However, no, Mark, I don’t think I’m some kind of Mary Whitehouse. I’m the one arguing for freedom of choice here. The City Hall and the trust have every right to choose who appears there. You don’t have the right to coerce them into a different choice. 

He’s not playing Nottingham, by the way.

1 hour ago, sibon said:

However, no, Mark, I don’t think I’m some kind of Mary Whitehouse. I’m the one arguing for freedom of choice here. The City Hall and the trust have every right to choose who appears there. You don’t have the right to coerce them into a different choice. 

I cant see how you are arguing FOR freedom of choice by saying it is ok for public venues to REMOVE the freedom of choice. Anyway I've cancelled by city hall mailing list and won't be going there again.

Guest sibon
7 minutes ago, Findlay said:

I cant see how you are arguing FOR freedom of choice by saying it is ok for public venues to REMOVE the freedom of choice

That’s the trouble with a lot of people who argue for freedom of choice. They think that it only applies to them.

7 hours ago, Martin C said:

Spot on. Yet the wokes only take umbrage when "comedians" (I use the term loosely, he's "not my thing") take even the slightest dig/pop at their "sacred cows". 

I'm glad I  won't be around in 20 years or so.  Every single word anyone utters will undoubtedly "offend" someone then.  Grow up. 

George Orwell predicated this scenario , The council is trying its best to act out Big Brother .

PS . I hate Chubby Brown type so called comedians but would defend their right  to perform and  also those who want to watch them to do so .

Edited by cuttsie

3 hours ago, sibon said:

That’s the trouble with a lot of people who argue for freedom of choice. They think that it only applies to them.

LOL, You said it

But its not freedom of choice, political pressure was put on them by Ayatollah Fox not to allow Chubby Brown to show at the Sheffield public venue

I think I would go to see him to see how he take the micky out of Sheffield snow flakes

Edited by Findlay