Snowflakes Get Sheffield Date Of Roy Chubby Brown Tour Axed

On 04/11/2021 at 18:31, Dreb48 said:

Todays society encapsulated in one thread 

Polarised views

No one listens to anyone who doesn’t think the same 

Sad times 

So true, people don't agree to disagree anymore, they just complain that they don't like things and whoever had got the loudest voice gets heard.

1 hour ago, foxydebs said:

So true, people don't agree to disagree anymore, they just complain that they don't like things and whoever had got the loudest voice gets heard.

Thanks debs

I’m on other forums and that’s all you ever see these days.

So Sheffield City Trust (SCT) runs both the City Hall & the Arena & Chubby Brown's act isn't compatible with either SCT`'s or SCC's view, yet after a legal challenge, Franklin Graham, who has strong, anti-homesexual views, will be allowed to preach at the Arena next year. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-59177946

Edited by Baron99

24 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

So Sheffield City Trust (SCT) runs both the City Hall & the Arena & Chubby Brown's act isn't compatible with either SCT`'s or SCC's view, yet after a legal challenge, Franklin Graham, who has strong, anti-homesexual views, will be allowed to preach at the Arena next year. 

Read that a few days ago . Looks like the council have backed down 

4 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Read that a few days ago . Looks like the council have backed down 

I sincerely trust that Sheffield City Trust (SCT) will ban this American "gentleman"due to his very extreme and "fixed" homophobic views.

If they allow this absolute hate-filled religious bigot to spew his bile at City Hall then they really do need to wind their neck in about the much less offensive Roy CB

I hope the comedian (?) Fatiha El-Ghorri is ready for the anti racism protesters, if she ever comes to Sheffield.

Caught the (IMO less than funny) comedian on the Johnathan Ross Show last night.

HTSBO watches it, personally I can't stand the guy.

Anyway, Fatiha's sat there doing her best to be funny,  up pops a picture of her and her mum, her in a Hijab, Mother in a Niqab.

Only for her to say proudly "that's my Mum - she was having the day off from being a post box".

Well -  none of the other guest's were shrinking violets (too busy talking about Ross's favourite subject - pr**k's & bo**ck's),  but the stifled, 'can we / should we laugh, laugh's were an indicator of how embarrassed even they felt. 

Double standards? or racist nonsense from someone of the same faith? or simply both?

Imagine the out cry if any of the others on the show had cracked the same sh*t'e  racist rubbish.

Ross  would have been asked to resign, probably escalating to the show being pulled (sounds good to me), protesters would be camped outside his house, questions would be asked in Parliament and we'd all be asked to take a knee on a Saturday night.

My point?

Should people be able to go to see Chubby Brown, Yes.

Should people be able to see Franklin Graham - Yes.

Should people be able to see Fatiha El-Ghorri - yes.

Should people be able to watch Johnathan Ross - yes. 

But it has to be your choice.

And not because, some self appointed bastion of censorship  (Snowflake) has deemed it acceptable in their eyes first.

Keep safe out there 8).

7 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

My point?

Should people be able to go to see Chubby Brown, Yes.

Should people be able to see Franklin Graham - Yes.

Should people be able to see Fatiha El-Ghorri - yes.

Should people be able to watch Johnathan Ross - yes.

Steady on there; I believe we should have a minimum level of public decency.

17 hours ago, The Joker said:

Steady on there; I believe we should have a minimum level of public decency.

'Be able to'.

Being the operative words Joker 

Not, having the decision taken away from  you before hand :suspect:.

Other than that your quite right :bigsmile:.

Watching Johnathan, 'Look how funny i thing I am by saying pen*s', Ross, on the other hand, should be the exception 🙃

On 06/11/2021 at 20:18, Baron99 said:

Begs the question...why did they accept his booking in the first place? His work is hardly a state secret.

Edited by HeHasRisen

4 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Begs the question...why did they accept his booking in the first place? His work is hardly a state secret.

He's played there for over three decades, perhaps they'd like to hand the profits they've made in that time to charity.

Ironically they had male strippers the Dreamboys on not long after they banned this act, ludicrous double standards.

4 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

That's the only question really. I've no problem with a decision not to book him in the future, I've no problem with him being cancelled for something particularly nasty he's come out with in the press/social media/whatever but he's not done that. 

So he has played there for decades yet they only have an issue with him now?!?! Have they only just realised what goes on in their own buildings now then?