Snowflakes Get Sheffield Date Of Roy Chubby Brown Tour Axed

10 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

THEY chose the time and date when to stage their protest.

They only have themselves to blame for it turning out to be an embarrassing, pathetic flop which completely failed to have any impact.  

Enough with the excuses.  

It got attention, locally and nationally.  I wouldn't say it was entirely a flop.  It won't have done Royston's profile any harm either, he's not had this much TV coverage since his muted adverts decades ago.  😁🤣

Do I like what the council have done ?

No

Would I sign a petition to voice my disapproval?

Yes

Would I go on a demo  ?

Well , frankly , no

Ive never done a ‘demo’ in my life and neither have the vast majority of sane people in the country.

I always thought it was funny how the Remainers mocked the Brexiteers for nobody turning up at rallies whilst they caused mayhem filling the streets  and scrapping with the police.

Whoops,  then came the vote.

Demos are for the aggressive vocal minority  who don’t respect the law and want to force their opinions on people  who generally find their views abhorrent 

Turns out he'd sold 300 tickets for his show (in a 2000+ capacity venue) - maybe it just coincidence that this show got pulled. But given how many other times he's played at the City Hall without any problems, it looks likes his management orchestrated the fuss to cover the cancelling due to poor ticket sales.

Guest busdriver1
1 hour ago, jake said:

Turns out he'd sold 300 tickets for his show (in a 2000+ capacity venue) - maybe it just coincidence that this show got pulled. But given how many other times he's played at the City Hall without any problems, it looks likes his management orchestrated the fuss to cover the cancelling due to poor ticket sales.

Poor ticket sales for a show next year. Really?  

Not everyone books the day tickets are released. 

52 minutes ago, busdriver1 said:

Poor ticket sales for a show next year. Really?  

Not everyone books the day tickets are released. 

Big shows tend to sell more earlier on, particularly over the last few decades with the growth of on line tickest - if i was the promoter and had only sold 300 tickets for a city hall show, i'd be worried, even if it wasnt until early next year. Of course it *could* just be  coincidence that loads of lefty snowflakes campaigned for a show to be cancelled that wasnt selling well, and then got lots of publicity for Chubby Brown...

21 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Wow, is it supposed to look like a Gay Pride parade ? 🤣

0_ctr_hde_100921_RoyChubbyBrownprotest.j

Thats how he dresses when on stage.  Patchwork suit, red bow tie and pilot hat and goggles.

7 hours ago, jake said:

Most sensible post on the entire thread 

26 minutes ago, slh73 said:

Most sensible post on the entire thread 

Hmmm... :huh:

I suppose so...

... if you believe the council are so stupid as to allow themselves to be manipulated in such a way. :hihi:

4 hours ago, The Joker said:

Wow, is it supposed to look like a Gay Pride parade ? 🤣

0_ctr_hde_100921_RoyChubbyBrownprotest.j

Beautiful:

30000 sign a petition
300 buy a ticket
3 protest
0.03 care

I don't agree with cancelling of his show but it doesn't look like he was going to make much out of it going by his ticket sales. Would I go? No not my thing.

23 hours ago, jake said:

Big shows tend to sell more earlier on, particularly over the last few decades with the growth of on line tickest - if i was the promoter and had only sold 300 tickets for a city hall show, i'd be worried, even if it wasnt until early next year. Of course it *could* just be  coincidence that loads of lefty snowflakes campaigned for a show to be cancelled that wasnt selling well, and then got lots of publicity for Chubby Brown...

I think you are clutching at straws a bit here; Roy Chubby Brown isn't exactly U2 is he. What other gigs at the City Hall are sold out in January, so you can compare?

For instance, Ross Noble isn't sold out and that is a show that has been rescheduled twice and the original tickets are still valid.